new pics of my baby Nala

oncebitten

i hatched her myself this the second time i have done this . but my first never made it past 1 year. so im takeing all the right percautions this time. i want to thank several people for helping me through the first week of her life. i want to thank mitzel most of all for his advice and othes as well. with out you guys i would be alone to do this. i am a single mother who devotes time between my daughter and my shark, and have used this learning experiance for her, and her classmates, that saltwater keeping can be wonderfull. and that carefull planning and hard work can pay off and in the end you have a awsome tank in your home. thank you all

oncebitten

cartman, she was a little over 6 inches when she was born. also i was told by a few people i would have to upgrade that a 180 would not be enough, even when she reached 15 inches because 6ft long (tank6ft x2ft) would not surfice this type of shark. i will upgrade but if i have more time than 1 year than thats a little easer to get things done the proper way.

oncebitten

another question? nala eats squid and shrimp all soaked in vitimams, i want to add a third choice. what to recomend i dont want to try scollops as the can be bad at times.and i know somethings work better than others. i also rotate the feeding one bite of shrimp and another bite of squid and so on till full.

E

eaglefan

very nice. I to will be tying to hatch a bamboo when I get back home next week. Right now I have a 125 but I will be upgradeing in six months to a 240. The shark will be the only thing in the tank. I am thinking that this should be enough room for it. Would the 125 be big enough for the shark for the first 6 months?

oncebitten

thank you i will do that. i did not know if he saw her photos, as to a post i had given 2 weeks ago so i posted the photos. EAGLEFAN. i would only do 125g if you have worked with this type of shark, as to nothing else in the tank but him or her and mabe 1 years time you have.when i mean nothing in the tank, fine sand, and very little rock 1 cave to give maximum room.all the rock should be in your sump. 180gallon wtll hold me for possibley 2 years at the most. and i have only 50lbs in the tank to make 1 cave. even thoe i have done this once before and failed, i only decided to do this again if i could give more than 100% of my time, water changes every week, filter checks everyday, you need to be on top of things with a shark tank, no matter what shark it is. i am not trying to scare you away from getting a shark but read, read, read. also visit aquariums and talk to some of the shark keepers, and get thier take on the shark you want. i have spent all of my off time, sitting in front of the bamboo tank watching them at thease places. and gathering info. i guess so much for a personal life. but the shark should mean alot more to you than i want to try. im not being mean to you, so please dont take offence.

jr2857

Originally Posted by DrewCo
jr first off she will not have to upgrade in a year or to. 2nd please stop spamming.
Nice shark!
actually you will need to upgrade. i believe it grows approximately 6-7 inches a year. in 2 years it is 2ft and the tank is 6 ft long so it is necessary to upgrade.

drewco

Actually jr. If what your saying is correct. Which i belive it is the shark will be 14 inches long in 2 years. A 14 inch shark is just barley ok for the 125. So I am correct. in about 2 years the tank will need to be bigger.

minority

I had a cat that looked exactly like yours. She died a couple of years ago. Thanks for a pleasant memory.

oncebitten

MINORITY thanks! i do hope she reminded you of good things. she is also a very good cat with all my fish . she just waits her turn till all the fish have eaten and then she gets a little. all my fish i also have a 20 gallon long with peacefull reef fish wich she enjoys stareing at, but never jumps.

E

eaglefan

Thanks for the info. I've been out of town the last week and decided not to go with the shark. Didn't want to put it through the stress of a upgrade and or a tank that was to small.