New RO/DI unit output very slow!!!

cmonti

Just got a Coralife RO/DI unit. Flow from waste tube seems moderate but blue output hose is extremely slow. All chambers filled when unit was turned on and its connected to an outdoor hose faucet which has strong pressure. It takes almost an hour to fill a 5 gal bucket!! Is this normal?

btldreef

I have the Coralife RO/DI, it's slow, but not that slow. Are you running just cold water through it? I've found that if I run the warm water on a little with the cold water, just to take that extra chill out of the water, I get less waste. A lot is dependent on how bad your tap water is. Do you have a TDS meter? I highly recommend one. I'm getting a fairly even flow of good and waste water from the unit, but my tap water has a very low TDS to start, which helps.

cmonti

hope this isnt a dumb question but would my water quality vary from an outdoor faucet to an indoor sink? If I do this inside, I could turn up the heat a bit.

1guydude

sounds normal to me! Usually a 75gpd unit, which is wat i have wont fill my jugs (20gals) in less than 3-5hrs. Ull get a drizzle or slow steady flow from the output! Does it have a flow restrictor or a pressure gauge on it? Max pressure would be about 60... TDS meter is a must...

acrylic51

As mentioned earlier a lot of things can effect your output from the RO/DI water.....Water temp.....Water pressure to the unit itself......Water quality entering the unit....