New Seahorse tank Diary

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/382639/new-seahorse-tank-diary/460#post_3398456
Flower....the generator is great BUT I have to ask.....don't you have car chargers for your cell phone????
I must be neurotic....LOL....I have inverters that you use your car cigarette lighter, one that you use a car battery, and a generator....propane lanterns, battery powered radios (with extras)
You would be surprised how handy these inverters come.....especially the car one.....within 1 minute you could have something running
Just make sure you have the long orange extension cords to run from the generator....I have one hidden from the husband....LOL...JIC
Power bars too so you have lots of plug ins
I had a car charger for my cell but my mother didn't. She went to the store for ice and supplies, which took hours because of the traffic and trees were down all over. I was busy with the fish tanks. Than one night I took my laptop to Wal-mart and had Mother sit with the computer while I filled the 5g jugs for water. Other than charging a cell phone that little charger wasn't good for anything else, an inverter I have never heard of. For the cooler/heater that ran on a cigarette lighter for long trips... I had a gizmo that you plug the lighter part into and then you can plug it into a wall socket....but not the other way around.
To be honest I have never been out of power longer than 6 hours in my entire life. I also have lived most of my life in Chicago. My Mother is in her late 70s and she has never been out of power more than 24 hours in her entire life, so you can imagine how unprepared we were. We always had city water...I didn't even know the well wouldn't work with the power out, it never crossed my mind.
I do have 2 100ft cords to run from the generator, and power strips. NOW I have everything I need for an emergency...may I never need it.
Also .. right now we have a heat advisory, SWF sent an e-mail..my lemonpeel is on the way. I thought for sure they would hold the order, I hope it makes it. I will be watching for the Fed X guy as he comes up the walk tomorrow. The news said it is 80 for the late night, but in the daytime it was 87 with a heat index of 105, and expected to be the same tomorrow. Way too hot for shipping fish.

meowzer

I will not be ordering anything for a while....it has not been under 100 here in a month :(
LOL...YUP...Now you are prepared....I hope you never have to use it either.....BUT.....You can rest easier knowing that you have the stuff on hand. I do now

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/382639/new-seahorse-tank-diary/480#post_3398503
I will not be ordering anything for a while....it has not been under 100 here in a month :(
LOL...YUP...Now you are prepared....I hope you never have to use it either.....BUT.....You can rest easier knowing that you have the stuff on hand. I do now

I always just order ...SWF always got my critters to me alive and well, in all my orders I lost one emerald crab. I have had stuff die within the 15 days, like my SPS coral but DOA not very often. They usually hold an order if the weather is too hot or cold. Part of me wants my critter ASAP and part of me is worried about the heat.
And yes I do rest easier knowing I'm prepared, I kick myself....we were talking just a few weeks ago about getting prepared, and I put it off. All that trouble could have been avoided.