New SHARK & RAYS

goodwin9

Inspired by another member here, psusocr1, I had to set up my own shark & ray tank afer watching his amazing videos of his tank. I received Saturday, 2 California rays about 4" in diameter, and a 12" Marbled Bambo Cat shark. Today all three were eating frozen krill and appear to be doing well in their new home.

psusocr1

chuck,, thanks for the shoutout thats awesome and glad i could help ya.. BUT i think i mentioned toy ou maybe not but thats one cali ray and one CORTEZ ray.. either way great looking species!! and a great video you shot earlier as well!

sleasia

Cool Goodwin....How many tanks do you have now? They are all so cool!!Thanks for sharing....

goodwin9

Originally Posted by sleasia
Cool Goodwin....How many tanks do you have now? They are all so cool!!Thanks for sharing....

Thank you for the compliment.
To answer your question, TOO many. I have to quit reading all of these threads. I see people's beautiful tanks and setups and want one... It's too bad you can't do everything in one tank..sure would be a lot cheaper.
With the recent addition of the 2 specimen tanks in my office, I had to change my desk size from 6 foot to 4 foot. I was on the phone yesterday in my office and they asked if I was talking to them from the shower....
You asked for it...
1 470 Reef
1 210 Reef
2 200 Specimen
1 150 FOWLR
1 12 Nano
1 55 quarantine
1 80 propagation tank
Some where around 1300 gallons, not counting 350 gallons in sumps/refugiums for the various tanks.
I think that I am going to start charging a small admission from the neighbors who stop over to look at the tanks to help support my addiction.
Thank god I haven't read a thread about jellyfish as I think that they are really neat, but need their own tank.....

sleasia

Well that's incredible goodwin...I'm surprised you can find the time to keep your job, with all the time you must be putting into water changes and maintenance....You have absolutely beautiful tanks!!!! You are definately a master!

chilwil84

whats another tank for jellyfish with a list of tanks like that reminds me of my reptile breeding days

sleasia

Well...Jellyfish certainly are cool, unless you are trapped in a cloud of them while diving....that happened to me in my younger years diving off the coast of mexico. The problem was that the cloud was so huge that no one could figure out which way to swim to get out of it...so we all got stung up a bit...but I say go for it....its your passion. If you are lucky enough in this life to find something that you truely love doing, then you must also find the courage to do it.... for we find out too late, that life is short. Best to
eat desert first.

isistius

Originally Posted by goodwin9
To answer your question, TOO many. I have to quit reading all of these threads. I see people's beautiful tanks and setups and want one... It's too bad you can't do everything in one tank..sure would be a lot cheaper.
With the recent addition of the 2 specimen tanks in my office, I had to change my desk size from 6 foot to 4 foot. I was on the phone yesterday in my office and they asked if I was talking to them from the shower....
You asked for it...
1 470 Reef
1 210 Reef
2 200 Specimen
1 150 FOWLR
1 12 Nano
1 55 quarantine
1 80 propagation tank
Some where around 1300 gallons, not counting 350 gallons in sumps/refugiums for the various tanks.
good god man!!!!!!!! where do you find the time?
(actually i'm just really jealous!!!!)

joshd123

Originally Posted by goodwin9
You asked for it...
1 470 Reef
1 210 Reef
2 200 Specimen
1 150 FOWLR
1 12 Nano
1 55 quarantine
1 80 propagation tank
I think that I am going to start charging a small admission from the neighbors who stop over to look at the tanks to help support my addiction.
Thank god I haven't read a thread about jellyfish as I think that they are really neat, but need their own tank.....
HAHA jellyfish!! that is funny. and from the sounds of it you probley would. I never thought about Them in a tank. Probley would have to put something over the overflows to keep the guys from getting sucked down to the sump. I don't know much about them but I would guess it would be like trying to raise baby seahorses. When my seahorses had little ones there was about 200 of them and that is no lie. LOTS got sucked into my sumps powerheads and the Mom and Dad seahorse was going around and eating them. Was sad. If I could get all them to live I could pay for all my fishtanks haha. Good Luck.

joshd123

Originally Posted by sleasia
Well...Jellyfish certainly are cool, unless you are trapped in a cloud of them while diving....that happened to me in my younger years diving off the coast of mexico. The problem was that the cloud was so huge that no one could figure out which way to swim to get out of it...so we all got stung up a bit...but I say go for it....its your passion. If you are lucky enough in this life to find something that you truely love doing, then you must also find the courage to do it.... for we find out too late, that life is short. Best to
eat desert first.
I loved the way you worded all of that. The problem is that if all you eat is desert than you have no money for food. HAHA

goodwin9

Today I added my first fish to the tank, a 4" lookdown. There were supposed to be two of them, but one didn't survive shipping. Neat fish, kind of add, goes along with the rest of the tankmates.