New Stand and canopy for customers 470

creative

I just finished this stand and canopy. I will be delivering it along with 470 gal tank and all equipment very soon.
I just ordered 1000 lbs. live rock and 800 lbs. live sand.
I think it is going to be a beauty.

mystic7

That's beautiful! You should freak the customer out and build a fake tank that fits in the space shown in the pictures :hilarious

fishrule

I think I'll have to call you up if I get the new house I'm looking at. My current stand is very basic and was built only to hold the weight of the tank, not look nice...
Very Nice Setup...

creative

Thanks for all the compliments. I have been building cabinets and furniture for about 30 years.
cabinet making is one of the few things I can do with my eyes closed. However the reefing addiction has convinced my wife to open a LFS. We will be opening before summer with 90 40gal tanks, 6 125gal, 1 365gal reef, and my favorite, a 3600gal pond for sharks, rays and other large fish.
The dimensions for the 470gal are 120 X 36 X 25H with 5 overflows. All plumbing will be consealed except the nozzels.
By the way if you can't afford my work, (Neither can I) I would be happy to help if you need any design advise.
Todd
todd@creativebuilderserie.com
814-796-4894 office
814-873-7711 cell

fishrule

Originally Posted by creative
Thanks for all the compliments. I have been building cabinets and furniture for about 30 years.
cabinet making is one of the few things I can do with my eyes closed. However the reefing addiction has convinced my wife to open a LFS. We will be opening before summer with 90 40gal tanks, 6 125gal, 1 365gal reef, and my favorite, a 3600gal pond for sharks, rays and other large fish.
The dimensions for the 470gal are 120 X 36 X 25H with 5 overflows. All plumbing will be consealed except the nozzels.
By the way if you can't afford my work, (Neither can I) I would be happy to help if you need any design advise.
Todd
todd@creativebuilderserie.com
814-796-4894 office
814-873-7711 cell
Did you mean "9" 40 Gallon tanks?
Either way, sounds like it well be a sweet store... You have to post pictures of the tanks... : ) :joy:

creative

there will actually be 90- 40gal tanks and more than half will be marine tanks. I will continue to post picyures as they become avalible.
I received about 850lbs of live sand today and will be receiving about 1200 lbs of rock along with a lot of live stock.
I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow night.
Thanks alot for the positive feedback. A little boost is good for anyone.
The 470 maybe my last big system I do as my Doctors say I have to stop lifting or risk sitting in a chair the rest of my life. That scared the bajebers out of me. I guess the store is coming just in the nick of time.
Thanks again Todd

mr_bill

Really nice setup, are those doors on the face of the canopy? Do you have a inside shot of the frame work?
I love the finish!! European hinges? man thats nice.

creative

Thanks I use a water resistant laquer. Usualy at least 6 coats to give it a furnoture grade finish. I have used euro style hinges for a long time but just started using these they are made be Salice and are 3 way adjustable. I love them now, they do cost more than the grass hinges I was using. Thanks for the compliments, I spend alot of time getting things right.
Thanks
Todd

creative

Originally Posted by Mr_Bill
Really nice setup, are those doors on the face of the canopy? Do you have a inside shot of the frame work?
I love the finish!! European hinges? man thats nice.

The panels on the canopy are doors here is an open picture of mine with just the actinic's on.
Thanks Todd

fishrule

Originally Posted by creative
there will actually be 90- 40gal tanks and more than half will be marine tanks. I will continue to post picyures as they become avalible.
I received about 850lbs of live sand today and will be receiving about 1200 lbs of rock along with a lot of live stock.
I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow night.
Thanks alot for the positive feedback. A little boost is good for anyone.
The 470 maybe my last big system I do as my Doctors say I have to stop lifting or risk sitting in a chair the rest of my life. That scared the bajebers out of me. I guess the store is coming just in the nick of time.
Thanks again Todd
Too bad you didn’t live near me. I “had” a bad back ever since I was 12yrs old… I went to dozens of Chiropractors and doctors and none of them could fix my problems… About 3 years ago my back was so bad that I could hardly get out of bed and when I was in bed I couldn’t sleep because of the pain. Well there was a new chiropractor in town that I decided to try out… He had me fixed in less than a month and a half which was crazy, because I had been going to physical therapy for over a year with no success…
He also fixed my last bosses back. He was 52yrs old and 2 weeks from going under the knife… The doctors told him he had 1yr before he was bound for a wheel chair and that was with the surgery… Now he runs around like a little boy still 3 years later…
So, if I was you, I would get a second opinion, because you make one heck of a stand/canopy.
Your store sounds like it will be great. Are you going to use acrylic tanks for the 40’s or glass? I’m assuming glass, but you never know… :happyfish

creative

The tanks will be glass. I very seldom use acrylic myself, I still like the glass because they don't scratch quite as easily.
Thanks Todd