new to hobby advise always wanted

Well new to the hobby started with a used I believe it to be a Current biocube 29gal. I have it stocked with a
Yellow Watchmen Goby
Marron clown
Pecula clown ?
Domino damsel
Scooter Blenny
Cleaner crew is
Banded coral shrimp
Pistol shrimp
Porcelain crab
6 small hermits
10 bumble been snails
5 turbo snails
And a sand sifter star.
I was wondering if set up looks good and for possible upgrades or if I should move or add any thing

Attachments

lmforbis

The tank looks very nice. You have some Nice pieces of branch rock.
A couple suggestions/warnings. You will have problems with the maroon clown. They are very aggressive as they mature and they get about 6". You have another species of clown, percula, who will most likely be killed by the maroon. You might consider rehiring the maroon, They are beautiful fish but nor really good in a tank that size. I have a small one I got about 8 months ago in my 125. She is growing really fast, about triple the size she was when I got her, which was less than an inch. Rarely can you put two species of clown in a tank with out one killing the other in your case the percula doesn't stand a chance. when it does work it is in a very large tank.
The damsel may be an issue but it is possible he won't be, keep an eye on it. Time will tell.
Scooter blenny ( actually a dragonet) is iffy. They are hard to feed and do best in large established tanks. Their natural diet is Copepods. If yours is eating prepared food it might work.
Yellow watchman gobies are my favorite fish and perfect for a small tank.

Thank you i was supper excited to find the branch.and I have noticed the maroon is a little aggressive but they seem to get along for the most part.

bang guy

I agree with Imforbis regarding the Maroon Clownfish. It needs to be relocated. Maroons typically claim an area of about 9 square feet and their territory and will fight to the death to protect it.

The Percula (possibly an Ocellaris?) will clain an area of about one square foot. Much more reasonable for a 29 gallon tank.

The Domino will also claim about 9 square feet but it will be several years before that happens. Still, a Domino in a 29 gallon is not ideal with other fish in the tank.

Bumble Bee Snails are predators and not part of a clean up crew unless you are wanting the other snails to be gone.

lmforbis

What do bumble bee snails predate on, other snails? I have a couple that might need to move into the sump.

lmforbis

Thank you i was supper excited to find the branch.and I have noticed the maroon is a little aggressive but they seem to get along for the most part.
My maroon isn't too aggressive yet but she's not full grown. She does hate my mag float glass cleaner. I have a couple different kinds and she only goes after the mag float. It is pretty funny to watch.

lmforbis

I hear they can draw blood when they are adults. I've had a lot of clowns but this is my first maroon. I just love that dark velvety red color. I have an ocellaris too but she's in a different tank.

bang guy

I am also curious what do the bumblebees pray on
Snails, clams, oysters, Limpets. Sessile and slow moving animals mostly. There's probably at least a dozen different species all being sold as "Bumblebee" so it's impossible to say what species oyu have. Well, impossible for me anyway.

jay0705

I love my maroon, but she is the only clown, w a dwarf lion, puffer, damsel, and mandy. Choosing tank mates carefully is paramount

Great info on the bees and I I guess I was just misinformed on my fish selection that's what I get for listening to the local fish store. And reading enough to be dangerous lol

Speaking of research any idea what happened to my BTA I got him yesterday and he looked kinda like this but was moving around after I put him in tank and now this it's been roughly 12hrs

Attachments

jay0705

Nems are tricky critters. They will move to find there ideal spot. Flow, light, ect. They do need very good lighting.

Thought I'd give an update. I got rid of the maroon clown and my tank is much more at ease. Unfortunately it was not in time and she killed the damsel, the scooter went MIA and I fear it to is gone. But all in all the other inhabitants are doing great and I plan on adding a protein skimmer in the next few days. I would also like to pose a question on the topic of "Cling Fish" they look like tadpoles and my wife is in love with them and wants to add one to my tank. Any ideas or thoughts on them?

lmforbis

Unfortunately the scooter probably starved. They really need a large tank to do well.
I had never heard of cling fish before. I looked them up, quite cool. Live Aquaria showed one and listed it as difficult. Generally that designation keeps me from buying a fish. If you are set on on. Do your research and make sure your tank and tank mates are set up for that fish to thrive then give it a go.