New Toy

agent-x

Originally Posted by TangMan99
+1 on the G35. I'm looking at getting one but probably the 4 door because of the reason I'm wanting one is it is more practical with kids. I love my Corvette but I've had it for over 5 years and I'm just really getting tired of it and want something a little more practical.
I don't have any kids and we have a second car that's my wife's. But she worries that we will get tired of the 350z because it's only a 2 seater.

demartini

I have a Z!! it's such a fun car. I was debating between the g35 and the Z... I'm happy with my choice.
I live by the san mateo expo and tonight is hot import nights... I saw an awesome riced out Z drive by earlier.

rbaldino

What an odd pair to try and pick between. I could never see a Jeep as "fun" (I like cars that can hit 100 on onramps and stop quickly if necessary), but I guess that's really up to you. Personally, I'd go with a G35 if I wanted a Nissan/Renault (I like the looks better than the Z, and it's a bit nicer inside). However, I might wait a while because there are lots of cars coming in the next year or so that are going to blow everything on the roads today into the weeds. You mentioned the Evo X, and Subaru will probably up the ante with the next STi, and my personal favorite, the new Camaro, will be available pretty soon. Next to all those, the Z is getting a little long in the tooth. If you don't want any of those, you should still wait and get a cheap Z or G35 when people start unloading them for newer, faster, sexier cars.

rbaldino

Originally Posted by DeMartini
I have a Z!! it's such a fun car. I was debating between the g35 and the Z... I'm happy with my choice.
I live by the san mateo expo and tonight is hot import nights... I saw an awesome riced out Z drive by earlier.
Did you actually go to Hot Import Nights or just drive by? I went to the one up her last October and it was pretty crazy. Lots of people trying to race around the expo center and in the parking garage, and even more cops trying to stop them.

demartini

I'm going to go tomorrow. I have a friend that is part of a team that won best in show last year. I can't wait! You should see all the cars that have been driving by! very nice! I can here them racing around all night! lol I live really close to the expo center... it's right down the street from me.

rbaldino

I'm going to go tomorrow. I have a friend that is part of a team that won best in show last year. I can't wait! You should see all the cars that have been driving by! very nice! I can here them racing around all night! lol I live really close to the expo center... it's right down the street from me.
I actually found the cars to be the least interesting part of HIN.

demartini

Originally Posted by rbaldino
I actually found the cars to be the least interesting part of HIN.
hmmmm... you went for the girls? lol

agent-x

I know i'm going to get yelled at for this, but, I've lost faith in American made cars. There was a time when me and my family would only buy american made, but not anymore. we have all been switching to Toyota's and Honda's. Which is another reason I'm not so sure about the Jeep. I know I'd have fun with it, but like someone said earlier if you drive them like they are meant to be driven you will break something.

agent-x

Do you have any problems with the blind spots of the Z or did you get used to it? Have you taken any trips in it and if so does it have enough room for some luggage and stuff. I've driven a few in the last few days and it looks like enough room, but you never know until you actually load it with something. Also, what year is yours?

demartini

The blind spot is pretty bad. I just have to be extra careful, so Ive gotten used to it. The back window is impossible to look through! driving with the top down... makes it easy to see lol space is very limited! I'm not sure how you could fit very much in the trunk. Mines a 2006

chadman

i had a jeep wrangler sahara which was just my fun car....they are great trucks but not the greatest to drive every day...what are you other vehicles? if you have another 4x4 then i would definately say go with the nissan or check out infinity g35's or on the other hand you could be patient and wait for the new infinity skyline to be released in the states over the next year and then that would be your ultimate car i'd say!

demartini

My brother has had his wrangler for about 10 years and he loves it! he has another car that he drives regularly. When he goes camping in the summer he takes his jeep and does some awesome off roading... as far as i Know he hasn't had any problems with anything while he off roads. He loves his jeep and he's probably never going to get rid of it.

reefboy12

LIVE ALITTLE!!!! get a BMW.....I have a BMW 735i with everything and I love it.....even though I still can't drive it for another year....riding in it with my parents is great especialy the heated seats....:)
-Kevin

chadman

a 735?!?! i never heard of such a thing...if you wanna live and get a bmw then you have to get the m6 as for the 7 series go for the 760 my friend...

chadman

they are obviously in a different league..any 7 series or m series is going to be at least double what you'd pay for a z or for a wrangler...

bronco300

My brother has had his wrangler for about 10 years and he loves it! he has another car that he drives regularly. When he goes camping in the summer he takes his jeep and does some awesome off roading... as far as i Know he hasn't had any problems with anything while he off roads. He loves his jeep and he's probably never going to get rid of it.

lauren i am so disappointed....where in the world are your pics of the z????? This has become my dream car(i think i gave up on having a viper)---looks amazing, great car, great saftey features as far as i've heard...as much as there can be in something so small, shall be mine in the future thats for sure!he world ar eyou affording yours being in college?!

demartini

haha! It's an awesome car! I don't have pictures, but I'll take some today! I get paid pretty good at Bank of America, but not enough to pay for the car, so my dad helps me.

kmc

I'd give the nod to the G35 4 door.Wife just got one and it's pretty cool. Or you could look at that little Infinity SUV. Those things are nice too. I've known several prople who had jeeps and none of them have them now.

babyb

don't get a wrangler get a rubicon, the pros selectable lockers front and rear. That means true four wheel drive. Iwouldnt get an 07 either i'd get an older model, cuz there are tons of custimizations already available.