News flash: the war in Iraq is NOT a war against terror

jones

Originally Posted by Reefbabe
It's all in good fun....... OBVIOUSLY, or you two wouldn't still be posting, lol!
Ofcourse, it gets a bit silly at times, and I get a bit wrapped up and silly at times too, I admit it. Probably one of these days me and Scuba will sit down over a beer and hatch out our differences. Or, unless he doesn't like beer. We may have to argue over what to drink first, but either way.

reefbabe

Originally Posted by jones
Or, unless he doesn't like beer. We may have to argue over what to drink first

No...I do believe it would go THIS way...LOL!

scubadoo

Originally Posted by jones
Ofcourse, it gets a bit silly at times, and I get a bit wrapped up and silly at times too, I admit it. Probably one of these days me and Scuba will sit down over a beer and hatch out our differences. Or, unless he doesn't like beer. We may have to argue over what to drink first, but either way.

I have no issues with debating issues. You are obviously true to your convictions as am I.
I cam even take being called ignorant....as I know I am not but that is okay.
I actually respect folks that are true to their positions.
many times I willl bring issues, quotes, or topics that may be somewhat different from the original theme. If I find them interesting and somewhat realted I'll do it.
it does not mean I have lost focus...or attention.
I am actually approaching the busy season at work and this has been a welcomed diversion. I am swamped right now so I may not be here as often.
I drink Hurricanes, most beers and Royal flushes. I have a white collar profession but I am a blue collar person. ...none of those foo foo drinks for me

Carry on...I'll at least be watching ***)

jones

Originally Posted by ScubaDoo
I have no issues with debating issues. You are obviously true to your convictions as am I.
I cam even take being called ignorant....as I know I am not but that is okay.
I actually respect folks that are true to their positions.
many times I willl bring issues, quotes, or topics that may be somewhat different from the original theme. If I find them interesting and somewhat realted I'll do it.
it does not mean I have lost focus...or attention.
I am actually approaching the busy season at work and this has been a welcomed diversion. I am swamped right now so I may not be here as often.
I drink Hurricanes, most beers and Royal flushes. I have a white collar profession but I am a blue collar person. ...none of those foo foo drinks for me

Carry on...I'll at least be watching ***)
I should make this point at least. I have to admit that obviously I don't know you well enough to know if you are "ignorant". That was definately a rash statement on my part. I do tend to catch myself getting out of hand at times and being rash when it comes to issues like these. In order to make personal judgements two people would have to know each other much better than a short lived political quip on the internet. You obviously pay a lot of attention to the issues, I have much respect for that. You also stand by your convictions and you don't let a little folly or opposition back you down, I can tell that much. I think they refer to that as being a part of integrity.
And I'm not sure if it's considered a fu fu drink, but I enjoy a bloody mary on occasion too.
Good luck with your work, I'm sure I'll see you on here again. I'll be back, I actually did come here for a reason, which was this new fish tank I have that I knew absolutely nothing about until just afew weeks ago.
Take care.

darth tang

Are you two done with the kissing and hugging session, now? Or, should I hire a councilor for you two? lol.
Back to the topic at hand. I have a feeling that a lot of this is just positioning on the part of the democratic party. Bush had a plan the would incorporate the troops beginning to withdrawl in 6months, 18 months at the most. I have a feeling those screaming about it now are setting themselves up to say "See we pressured him into it." All political posturing. But a lot of people will not see this or ignore it.
The thing that really bothers me about Bush is I am spent wondering where the great speaker went that was the Gov. of Texas. Watch some of his old speeches.....The guy could communicate then. What happenned? Since 9/11 he has lost something in his speeches and communication skills. I wish he would find it and a lot of this confusion would be avoided.

scubadoo

Originally Posted by Darth Tang
Are you two done with the kissing and hugging session, now? Or, should I hire a councilor for you two? lol.
Disgusting....isn't it

whaa...?

Originally Posted by jcrim
True... but a lot has happened since then. So to all those who actually voted for Bush, do you feel that you've been lied to? Are there any Bush supporters left? The voters have put this clown in office for a second time. Unfortunately, the American people only have ourselves to blame for the thousands of 18-23 year old young men being killed.
the death count is around 280 men....still to many. wat everyone is missing is that we are there for....OIL! thats the only reason i can think of...

1journeyman

Originally Posted by whaa...?
the death count is around 280 men....still to many. wat everyone is missing is that we are there for....OIL! thats the only reason i can think of...

No idea what your point it... The death count for Iraq and Afghanistan is over 2,000. A horrible price, but a neccessary one. Let's not forget we lost 3,000 on 9-11.
Oil? Yes.. we are there for oil.. that's why gas prices are so darn cheap lately. I saw Syrianna too; you're going to have to do a lot better job than that movie did if you want to convince anyone we went into iraq for oil.
Oil? You do remember that we had an EMBARGO against Iraq's oil, right? If we wanted oil we would have just dropped the embargo.... or bought it illegally like some of our european friends were apparently doing...

darth tang

I love it when people scream we went for oil. I tend to look at them and respond with this. "Actually we went there for the sand. See Bush new the Marine aquarium hobby was going to explode beyond all previous expectations. So to help out his budddies in the glass industry we went there to get the sand. This way the companies could have access to all the sand they need for free without having to own the property. This way they could make their glass aquariums dirt cheap."
Occasiuonally it has shown how ridiculous the statement made was. But more often than naught I get the deer in the headlights look.

rlmabry

Hippi pussies. If you are so fed up with our government why don't you move. Hey how about Iraq..
Drive on Bush

darth tang

Number one: No need for name calling. Everyone has been very cordial about this discussion. Keep it civil.
Number 2: When calling people names atleast spell them correctly. Just because you are pro Iraq doesn't mean you have to make hippy spell like Iraqi.
Thank you.

37g joe

Who on many times Gave money to the families of sucidie bombers ranging from $20.000 - $750.000 Sadam husien these families are known to have conections with teriost organizations and think about it if your family was in dire straights and you had a chance to get them out of their situations this seemed like a way out.
Mustard Gas, Seren Gas, also a chemical that we use in the united states that we put on sheep colors that when a coyote or wolf atacks it kills the predetor was found in literally in the tons being put on scud missiles and scientest say if it had been used it could of killed thousands if not hundreds of thousands. it has never been used yet as a weapon but if it had it would beconsiderd a weapon of mass distruction.
Who was activily trying to get nuculear material to produe either an atomic bomb or dirty bomb.
who also killed hundreds of thousand of his own people ( this is enough of a reason to go to war)
we we pulled out of Iraq the first time there where guidlins that he had to follow he chose not to (sadam) .
he was just as bad as hitler should of we just waited until he did kill even more. we had an opurtunity do get rid of hitler befor he became so powerful but we chose not to act like you tell us we should of not acted. Im sorry the mascre of women and children to me is enough to act
the hostile actions of sadam and his regime toward his neighbors is enough reason to act
the moneyt that is PROVEN that he gave to teriuost familis is enough to act
even if it was not for the war on terror we should of still gone to war with him sadam himself is the true weapon of mass distruction
also the number we hear of solders who have died in Iraq are not compleetly combat deaths they consist a large majority of suicides and natrual causes and accidents when the number was around 2000 I read an artical that I well try to find and post that stated that about half those where from actual combat deaths even at that 2000 deaths is a drop in the bucket compared to pass wars in a single hour there have been battles where hundreds of thousands have died that numer is so low and comapred tro how many people he klilled it is worth the sacrafice

caomt

well... i think the war over there is for the womens rights...whatever we are fighting for.. we gotta finish it...

hot883

Originally Posted by whaa...?
You are only missing a couple thousand

puffer24/7

only there for oil pretty funny that gases prices are not 5o cents a gallon. and 280 men are u on crack or heroin from the afganies

caomt

oh cmon.... who would of arrested sadam and bin laden and stuff? they rule the country.. there government is powerless.. not like america when police can just runup and arrest someone.. the people were trapped.. no help... not many women want to have to wear towels around their faces..

monalisa

Originally Posted by hot883
Bush bashing in my mind is like Christ bashing.

OMG!!!! That's ALL I will contribute to this thread!!! Acccckkkkk :scared: :hilarious
Lisa :happyfish :hilarious

hot883

Originally Posted by MonaLisa
OMG!!!! That's ALL I will contribute to this thread!!! Acccckkkkk :scared: :hilarious
Lisa :happyfish :hilarious
Mona, I think you really did not understand what I was getting at. Looking at ONLY what you quoted it does seem alittle weird; read the whole post I wrote (page 4 I think)to see what I was trying to express.