Nightime pictures of creatures!

timsedwards

Hi Guys!
Well I have just scared myself silly by holding a flashtorch very close to the tank only to find a 4" worm of some destriction staring right at me! Arrrghhhh! :eek: Sadly I am a big girls blouse when it comes to worms!
Has anyone else got any pics of nightime creatures from their tanks they would like to share?
Looking forward to them!
Tim.

buzz

I still can't stop laughing from calling it a "flashtorch." I have this mental image of this fiery stick being held in front of the glass.
And then there's the whole girls blouse thing...what you wear in private is your own business! HAHAHA! :D
I am not sharing my night time pics with YOU! :rolleyes:

sammystingray

A torch can heat up the water, and leave carbon deposits on the glass....I recommend something dimmer for night time viewing anyway.:D :D :D ;)

T

thomas712

Af a mo gov, don't be stickin no torch near your bloomin tank. Or you'll wind up with pod stew. :D
Forgive us Yanks Tim, funny stuff when it comes across the pond like that.
Don't feel bad about being in a girls blouse, about something like that. Heck when the lights go out at my house I try to get into my lady's blouse too.. :eek: But it usually winds up being my own shirt that she has on.....Why do women do that, wear their mens shirts?
Thomas

timsedwards

LOL Oh dear....
I came online to look at all these cool pics you might have posted, but no, random brit-ass-kickin'!! I guess I shouldve expected it though asking that question (in retrospect!).
Well im not a big girl really its just I have a phobia of snakes/worms/millipedes!
OK so not a flashtorch! A torch? An electronic lighting device??? Is that better?!?!? :p
SO....BACK TO THE ORIGINAL Q!!! Has anyone taken pics of their tank to see the nightime creepy-crawlies?
Tim! :cool:

overanalyzer

Originally posted by timsedwards
LOL Oh dear....
I came online to look at all these cool pics you might have posted, but no, random brit-ass-kickin'!! I guess I shouldve expected it though asking that question (in retrospect!).

The British Gal I used to work with always said "arse" kickin'. Are you really British?? LOL - j/k -
My camera is not good enough to take pictures in the day time let alone night shots!!!

timsedwards

Hi guys (thanks for the sane responses!)
Well I took some pics using flash option on the camera, but the quality isnt too great. Not worth posting anyway.
Well actually I like to try and adapt my language so that you foreigners, sorry americans :)p) can understand, hence the ass! And yes i do say arse really!
Well maybe someone will post some pics! :(
Tim.

joesox

Ok since no one else will post any night photos here is a worm type creature that comes out at night in my tank. I have not been able to ID it yet but I know i have at least two of them in my tank. What is showing in this picture is about three inches long.

timsedwards

thanks guys!
I just saw a thread on bristle worms and it is one of those I saw the other night that scared me soo bad!
Man im a girl......lol

rockface

I have a ton of little shrimp looking things in my tank at night. They have a lot of legs though, but have shells like a shrimp.

scotts

Sorry Tim, but y'all does talk funny. Now let's go have some bangers and mash and a quick fag after dinner. :p For those Homophobes there is nothing gay what I just said. :rolleyes:
BTW have you ever read James Herriotts books?
Scott

timsedwards

LOL overanalyser, a fag is a cigerette for those who dont know!
Well we think you guys talk funny! (we were here first :p). You call a boot on a car a trunk (!), you call trousers 'pants' (we call underwear pants) and a fanny in the US I believe is your bottom but in this country it is female genitals! You can imagine the fun we sometimes have when watching american sitcoms!!
Was he the guy who wrote those vets books? If so my dad has read them, i havent! Ever read Enid Blighton when you were a kid? LOL also did you ever hear the cockney rhyming slang on Austin Powers 3 Goldmember? LOL that was funny.

T

thomas712

I don't suppose you would explan "Speckled ----" in your language would you. Or "keep your pecker up". Or have those meaning changed as well.
Thomas

overanalyzer

Originally posted by Thomas712
I don't suppose you would explan "Speckled ----" in your language would you. Or "keep your pecker up". Or have those meaning changed as well.
Thomas

I usaed to be on the team with a 50-something British lady. She was awesome - always called everyone Luv. One day we were sending instant messages back and forth and she then yells overthe wall: Jerome - dear - keep your pecker up!
you could hear the laughter from several aisles away!!
Well I have several soiled nappies I need to bag up and throw out before heading to work ....

timsedwards

LOL, i dont know about speckled, but 'spotted ----' is a type of pudding (a sponge with custard). We have wierd names for food (even i can see that), like toad in the hole (sausage with potato).
LOL pecker i believe is nose! Although Pukka is a word to describe something as really good like "wow your tank is really pukka".lol. man i guess I could call myself bi-lingual! And and 'gay' still means what it originally meant, happy! btw its quite a gay day today! lol.
Tim :D

scotts

Tim, did you call me overanalyser? See I knew y'all talked funny.
(we were here first ).
That cracked me up. (For Tim that means that made me laugh:p )
Well we saved your arse in the big one.
Yes James Herriott is the vet books. I would highly recommend them to you. My wife loves to see me read those books and laugh out loud.
Did you ever see the show Yes Prime Minister? I love that show. I bought all the tapes that I could find. I don't get all of the jokes, but it is trully hysterical.
Ta Ta
Scott

scotts

Oh yeah,
I worked with an english lady. I asked her once if there were any new words that she learned over here. She said the only word that she had learend over here was Mother F%&$#@r
Scott