Nike's 34g DSA Neo-Nano

nikesb

the cascade is really quiet, the way i set up the overflow is whats loud but its a relaxing loud, not a gurgle. its more like a fountain sound. i've been thinking about those eco lamps too but i would have to contact them because i favor a bluer tint in my tank

maelv

I stopped by the store today and asked him how much, he said $250 for the tank and the stand, which both are a couple of years old I believe. I may just get a new one at that price and make my own stand, my neighbor works with steel in his garage ;) and said he would help me make a stand with his equipment, i'd just need to purchase the materials. And you are right, the tank is very quiet.

nikesb

thats a pretty good deal if you get both for 250. i paid 250 just for the tank so a little clean up and elbow grease would make it worth it if the stand is still in good shape.
anyways heres what blind aquascape does. i attempted it when the tank was murky after getting more dry rock. btw this rock is amazing, the porosity is perfect, theyre not too small to trap nitrates but small enough to provide tons of surface area for bacteria. definately not the final aquascape though

had a hard time getting the colors right but oh well

maelv

Looks good, I like the little cove look .
Did I miss it somewhere? Which T5 unit are getting / have?
Do you know if they make this tank with Starphire glass?
And one more thing. How's the MP10? Would you recommend the MP20 or does this push enough for SPS?
LOL, you probably think I am a thread stalker ;) but I just love this set up

nikesb

haha no problem
currently using a nova extreme 4x24w, going to upgrade to a ati 6x24 when money is available
it is not starphire, but still looks good
the mp10 is more than enough, i dont know what people are saying that its loud at full blast (1300+ gph) but its way more than enough, i have to build my rock work AROUND the mp10 flow, crazy stuff, i have a little bit of a wave in the tank as well haha

nikesb

finally got a scape i like
left side

front

right side

and yes i was a having a hard time holding the camera straight haha

nikesb

thanks. i cant wait to do the transfer. i added a crab in there just to see what would happen and hes been fine so it might be sooner. but i havent seen the ammonia or nitrite spike which is pissing me off

nikesb

should restate that, been testng every day after i saw a small patch of brown on my sand bed. thats with NO direct lighting on the tank

nikesb

lol i dont know when this tank is going to be ready...my ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate are all reading 0 indicating to me that no cycle has occured