Nissan new 29 bio cube Diary

scottallert

nice pics, i cant get over how nice your frogspawn looks, thats the exact one i want but your is too small for my tank, do you still have cloves on the back wall?

genius172

hey Carlos...so you know i've been away for awhile but did you make this nano a corals only or are you going to put in fish in there?

nissan577

Originally Posted by scottallert
http:///forum/post/2939654
nice pics, i cant get over how nice your frogspawn looks, thats the exact one i want but your is too small for my tank, do you still have cloves on the back wall?
yea.
and still spreading. ima buy a GSP frag and lay it on the back wall to get it start growing. also thanks for liking my frogspawn. its really small in the pic but its really big. plus its groing 3 heads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks

nissan577

Originally Posted by genius172
http:///forum/post/2939758
hey Carlos...so you know i've been away for awhile but did you make this nano a corals only or are you going to put in fish in there?
i had an issue. long story short i had a sixline which jump in the back of my chambers (2nd time) and i didnt find it for 4 days! i thought i lost her
but today i was cleaning the mangrove and i saw something swimming in the back. i look closer and it was her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i went crazy getting her out! now shes happy back in the tank exploring the new aquascape!
so for now shes my only fish. im thinking of buying a new one really soon though!

whisk

nice pics Nissan.
I've been looking into toadstools lately myself. I dont know much about them yet. I think I seen pics of them getting really big. Should be cool! I think you will like GSP, its one of my favorites.

nissan577

Originally Posted by Whisk
http:///forum/post/2940319
nice pics Nissan.
I've been looking into toadstools lately myself. I dont know much about them yet. I think I seen pics of them getting really big. Should be cool! I think you will like GSP, its one of my favorites.
yea toadstool grow fast and get big! but are really beautiful! and i already have a GSP frag but i want more! thanks for stopping by!

nissan577

well yea guys. i thought doing a 10gallon water change, improving the lights, dipping the zoas in iodine will help. but it didnt. none of the zoas i have opened! only once and closed right back up! what can it be?

spanko

Quote from another site.
25 Reasons why your polyps won't expand.
1. You have a zoanthid eating worm.
2. Sundial snails. ( I've experienced this )
3. A fish that is nipping at them, there are several well documented cases of this. ( I've experienced this )
4. An invert doing the same. ( I've experienced this )
5. Unstable or fluctuating parameters.
6. Large Emerald Crabs or a Sally Lightfoot. Both can and will
consume, kill and cause polyp retraction. ( I've experienced this )
7. Sea Spiders. ( I've experienced this )
8. If shipped, the water was much too cold and you placed it directly into your tank without slowly drip acclimating them. Or, the inverse, the water was too warm.
9. Nudibranchs ( I've experienced this )
10. Stray Voltage. ( I've experienced this )
11. Excessively high Iodine which would prove fatal.
12. Light shock
13. Polyps that were kept in PC or VHOs and then placed mid to high level under MH's without light acclimating them. Possible burning could also occur.
or
Polyps that were in maybe dual 175 SE MH and then placed mid to high under 400 watt DE MH , will cause possible burning or a delayed expansion.
14. Other stinging corals.
15. Chemical warfare.
16. Overpowering current. ( I've experienced this )
17. Excessive collection of sediment.
18. Nuisance algae around the polyps which will irritate them and prevent them from expanding. ( I've experienced this )
19. Temperamental, yes, they are, there may be nothing at all wrong, that simply don’t want to expand for that day.
20. Fungus
21. Bacterial infection. ( I've experienced this )
22. White lesions also referred to as Zoa Pox. ( I've experienced this )
23. Amphipods, which I have only witnessed eating sick, dead, dying, decaying polyps. Doesn’t mean they won’t eat perfectly healthy ones, I just haven’t witnessed it, some have.
24. Extreme hypo or hyper salinity
25. And the final reason may not be any of the reasons above. Why? Periodically, polyps will retract from days to 10 to 14 days, during which they will clean themselves externally. Then without any advanced notice, they will unfold like a flower or a summer’s morning.

#25....i think i cut off and threw away 2 zoas doing that before, the 3rd one was too hard to get off so i figured my cuc would get it....as i look in my tank i can see it slowly opening : ( the cuc never ate it, i guess they weren't dead afterall