Nissan new 29 bio cube Diary

fcatch76

Originally Posted by nissan577
http:///forum/post/2752748
ok. but i was looking to upgrade my light. it has a 2 36 watts for a 29 and i believe thats to little. should i get a bigger light? or leave it? and also if you can, can you please put a pit of your sump so i can see it? thanks
I did the nanotuner 4.36 upgrade to my bio29. I run 2 Act., 1 10K and 1 50/50. Clams have been doing well and the corals began to open up more. Definately an option to look into!

nissan577

Originally Posted by fcatch76
http:///forum/post/2753212
I did the nanotuner 4.36 upgrade to my bio29. I run 2 Act., 1 10K and 1 50/50. Clams have been doing well and the corals began to open up more. Definately an option to look into!
how many watts does it have? and how much did you pay for it?

subielover

Lol, I was confused for a bit. You really did get a good deal on that tank, wish they had the same kind of deals up my way.
Maybe as you setup your fuge, you could make a picture log, I wish I would have because everyone is always asking how to do it. This way you could be the go to guy and have it all with pics

nissan577

i just came back from my lfs and they told me not to buy the purigen or carbon filter with the phosphate filter. all i bought was the chemipure elite with a large black filter. with some cheato. they said that was better then the other things. hopefully it works. do you think it will? or do i need to buy the other things as well?

nissan577

Originally Posted by subielover
http:///forum/post/2753853
Lol, I was confused for a bit. You really did get a good deal on that tank, wish they had the same kind of deals up my way.
Maybe as you setup your fuge, you could make a picture log, I wish I would have because everyone is always asking how to do it. This way you could be the go to guy and have it all with pics

amd thanks

spanko

I think there are many ways to accomplish what you want to do. I may be on overkill with what I have done. I will tell you the the drip tray with the pads has done a couple of things.
It has stopped altogether the waterfall noise from the water going from chamber one into chamber two.
The filter pads are removing the larger particles of detritus so that they do not accumulate in the chaetomorph.
The carbon pad is a water polisher and the phosphate pad is removing phosphates.
Just my way right or wrong, it is working for me. I hope yours works well for you. Now let's get that tank up with some pictures!!!!!

nissan577

i will put pics up tomorrow with my tank setup with water and lr. and of my refugium to. right now my tank is empty still with stuff inside. but tomorrow everything is going up in my room. i just have to wait for my dad to take me. also i got a maxi-jet 1200 for my return pump. hopefully its better. one question i need the moonlight cable. mine didnt bring it and i need it. were do you think i can get it?

nissan577

Where did you get it? i was thinking of improving my lighting. i would like to get mh but then i would need a chiller and i dont what that. do you know were i would be able to get my moon light cable? its missing it

nissan577

well i just came back from my lfs with water and some chaeto. but im wondering my second chamber my water is like 4 inches below from the top. is that normal? i mean this. im wondering cause i look at other tank and its at the top.

nissan577

i have the chaeto and chemipure elite on top of my black filter. but ive been noticing that my water level lowers every 5 hours. i find that kinda weird. do you think i should put the bottom tray on and put the black filter with chaeto and chemipure on top of that? anyone please help.

nissan577

Well since no one writes anything im still gonna update. well i just got back from my fish store with a Red Mangrove to add to my refugium. and so far everything has been going great. and im thinking of improving my light to 108w. dont know yet.
also i kinda change my stock list also.
1 flame angel
1 clown goby
1 royal gramma
1 or 2 blue/green chromis (maybe)
and for inverts
1 redblood shrimp
1 cleaner shrimp
1 Peppermint Shrimp
corals
as many as i can

hope its ok. any suggestions?

genius172

wow I can't believe that inspired you, so that's awesome. So let me ask you a question did you draw that illustration and what does that help you to do?