Nissan new 29 bio cube Diary

nissan577

lol
yea looking at your tank genius made me wanna buy one. and no i didnt draw the illustration they were all ready drawn. i just edit them to make it a refugium for my 2nd chamber in the back of my biocube. really a refugium is isolation area for aquatic life, as well as an environment providing ideal growth conditions for aquarium food like copepods and amphipods. It can also serve as a controlled growing area for the macroalgae that help reduce nuisance microalgae in your primary aquarium.

rebelprettyboy

I wouldnt add the flame angel. Id get the other 4 fish u mentioned.
Also like the aquascape. that long rock in th front woudld be a sweet spot for zoas!!!

nissan577

why are they to much of a problem? thanks also, and yea the long rock in the middle is for the zoas. im mostly going for many types of soft corals. since i dont have that much light.

nissan577

i believe 72 watts isnt enough for the tank. i would get mh's but then i would need a chiller, etc. so i guess i will stick with the stock but as i said i am planning to upgrade my light to a 108 or 144 watt. dont know yet. its gonna be a DIY project and i really suck at those.

nissan577

yea i know. well my room is always cold. many people tell me you dont need one since your room is like freezing but i dont know. even though my lfs is selling me a sunpod 20" 150w used for $200. i wanna get it but having the chiller if i need it is gonna kill me. i really dont have that much room. i have a 30 fowlr, a 29 biocube future reef tank, a 3 nano reef and my new addition a 75 gallon fowlr tank. and all those four tanks are in my room. i had to take out my bed and computer to make thema ll fit in. im sleeping in a sofa bed
. i will do anything for my fish tank. my gf thinks im crazy but what can i do. fish are my life

subielover

Two reasons: the first being that they are known to eat or at least eventually start to pick at corals. The other and more important is that they need a much bigger tank than a 29 gallon. Swf.com has there minimum tank size at 55 gallons. The rest of your fish stocklist looks good though

spanko

Not rebel, but the flame or any angelfish are potential, more often than not, coral nippers. So you will be taking a very high risk that the angelfish will be irritating your coral or outright killing it.

nissan577

the only reason I wanted the flame angel Is because I wanted it to be my show fish. I really had my eye on it. So what other beautiful fish can I get so it can be my show fish? I also had in mind a carpenter flasher wrasse or a McCoskers flasher wrasse

nissan577

well its almost been a full week with the water cycling. and i check my water.
ph 7.8
nitrate .10 ppm
nitrite 0 ppm
ammonia 0 ppm
SG 1.020-1.021

nissan577

finally a beautiful fish i can get. lol. i wanna buy fish already but i still got wait for the cycle to finish. i think my refugium in the back and my lr that came out of my 30g help my water.

nissan577

First pic is of my refugium. chaeto is in the cup and floating around. also with the mangrove. and the next pic is how things look like now.

nissan577

well donpachino your wet/dry is still at the lfs. they said is repair so i guess you can get it tomorrow. and those rocks are not yours
they came from my 30g.

nissan577

almost a full week pass. and my level are thses. it remain the same i believe.
ph 7.8
nitrate .10 ppm
nitrite 0 ppm
ammonia 0 ppm
SG 1.020-1.021 do i have to wait more weeks?

fcatch76

Your pH should be higher and I run a 1.024/25 sG. I know your water temp will affect both pH and SG, at least mine does. This is what I see so far.
Temp 80F- pH sits at 8.1, SG -1.024/25
Temp 78F- pH sits at 8.2/3, SG- 1.025
Temp 76F- pH is at 8.2, SG- 1.027
This has happened to me over the past three weeks as we keep leaving windows open at night where the tank is..
. Normally the heater would stop the drop down to 76 (I like the 78-80 mark) but my heater hasn't been functioning very well lately..

HTH