Nissan new 29 bio cube Diary

nissan577

Originally Posted by Whisk
http:///forum/post/2820371
are midterms coming up or something? sounds like you been pretty busy.
no its not midterms. its looking for a job at my lfs. was gonna start but since they are moving i cant start now. but yea midterms are coming up. and i have to be looking for universities! lol

blazin2k6

WOW JUST WANTED to SAY YOUR tank is coming along super nicely and i am totally upset at how many pages you have so far and so quick but hey whatever you doing i guess i need to do it with my threads. Well i want one of those bristleworm traps but i hate killing things so i dont think i would be able to do it with my conscious mind :(

nissan577

Originally Posted by Blazin2k6
http:///forum/post/2822298
WOW JUST WANTED to SAY YOUR tank is coming along super nicely and i am totally upset at how many pages you have so far and so quick but hey whatever you doing i guess i need to do it with my threads. Well i want one of those bristleworm traps but i hate killing things so i dont think i would be able to do it with my conscious mind :(
thanks blazin! i love your tank more than what i love mine! my zoas and my xenias are not openning! im wondering why but idk what to do! ahh!!!!!!!!!!
! and man trust me you need the bristle worm trap! it works like a charm! yea i hate killing stuff as well but man once you got too much take them out! i havent it used it for like 3 days! and i seen no sight of a bristle yet!

nissan577

sorry subie. but ive been really busy. alot has change. but i will try to get pics as soon as possible for you subie

nissan577

hey guys! well i know i have to get pics but im having a little problem with my zoas and xenias! my water parameters are perfect but none of my zoas open up or my xenias arent pumping! i added an extra light 18w to see if it will help the zoas but it didnt. i did a 5g water change to see if it will help but didnt. and my xenias just open but they dont pump. i havent touch my tank at all!
ph 8.3
ammonia 0ppm
trate 0ppm
trite 0ppm
s.g. 1.024
for calcium and alk i havent check it. can that be it?

please guys help!

nissan577

its been like that for 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my corals are doing great! my frogspawn and faviata, kenya, shrooms, PEs, rics, toadstool are doing great! but zoas and xenias arent

whisk

maybe they are getting used to the new lighting and are shy? calcium is important so i would check that. If your ph has been stable, your alkanity is probably good. Good luck Nissan! we havent heard from you all that much lately.

nissan577

yea i know man! ive been really busy. like you dont understand. looking for my new car, moving fish tanks around, and doing projects! man ive been busy. and thanks. but the new light is from my 3g nano. i just place it on the top to see if that will help. im check me calcium and alk. and the ph is always stable i think.
thanks whish

nissan577

my home made zoas holder (white string in the side is filter floss lol. i couldnt take it out)

xenias
(not pumping!)

clove