Nissan new 29 bio cube Diary

subielover

Best thing to do, is leave them alone. Zoas can be touchy especially if they have been moved around a bit. Just let everything be, and I bet they open back up for you.

nissan577

i hope so! and thanks subie. i always leave them alone. no wait i lied i moved them a 2 days ago to put them in the frag thing. lol. waiting for them to get bigger. but what bout the xenias?
subie your the greatest

subielover

Not sure about the xenias
I have never had them. I do know that they can be hit or miss in people's tanks. Some can't get rid of the stuff, others cannot keep it. I hope thats not the case and they are just being finicky. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

nissan577

okay.
i love xenias the way they are!
they are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope they get back to how they use to

nissan577

i think ima add more lr and change my aquascape around. but im not gonna do that for 1 week. what do you think? i wanna change it completely

pdmxb2000

ya it looks good now u shouldnt change it. if theres anything u wanna get rid of send it up north for my new tank when its ready!!!

nissan577

lol fine i guess ima leave it the way it is. but do you see the empty space next to the xenias? ima add more lr there and in the back as well. and were the starburst is. there to as well! lol.
how does that sound?
and Pdmxb if i ever dont need anything i will send it to you

fcatch76

Nissan,
I read that zoas that stretch out like that are reaching for brighter light. Just something I read, and don't worry about the xenia not pulsing, as long as they are opening. Mine haven't opened (much)for two weeks...

nissan577

PAGE 24!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nissan577

Originally Posted by fcatch76
http:///forum/post/2825662
Nissan,
I read that zoas that stretch out like that are reaching for brighter light. Just something I read, and don't worry about the xenia not pulsing, as long as they are opening. Mine haven't opened (much)for two weeks...

fcatch
yea i thought it was cause of that too. thats why i wanna add more lr and add another light. you think the 3.36 mod will help a little? or the 4.4? something? i wanna get the 3.36 since im tight with money. its 108w in total. so i will be doing 3.72 watts. and the new bulb will be the 50/50. hopefully that will help. let me know.
and as for the xenias i really pray they start to pump

fcatch76

any lighting upgrade is good, hence the UPGRADE....j/k. Research the bulbs, some say a 50/50 is useless. I have 4 36w PC's (did the 4.36 nanotuner upg). I run 2 Act., 1 10K and the 50/50. I did this because I prefer the purple/ blue tint it gives the tank over the "yellow" effect of a 10k.
HTH

nissan577

yea my tank looks yellow sometimes! whats HTH? and so far i have the 10k 36w and the blue actinic 36w. but i was thinking of getting the 50/50 as well. but maybe my dad might buy me a hqi. i just hope they open!

subielover

HTH=Hope This Helps
If you are going to do an upgrade you might as well do the halides. Reason being is if you add another pc, that will make 3. Have you looked at how much it costs to replace one of these bulbs. It's crazy
To get a great halide bulb in a 14k or 20k, you are looking at a good deal less that the pc's. Not to mention, power compacts are nowhere near as strong a light as halides. Just the way I look at it, that's why I am getting halides when my bulbs are done, which is probably another 4-6 months.

nissan577

i would get MH's but the thing is the money cost! but i found this Odyssea 24" 130W! at a really great price! im doing 4.48 watts per gallon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hopefully thats perfect for my softies, and lps! im wondering can i keep a sps like a monti with that light?
and the cost for replacing that light wouldnt be a problem for me. i get great deals at my lfs