Nissan new 29 bio cube Diary

spanko

Okay you have gotten some good infor here. Ultimately you are gonna do what you can afford to do. People are just telling you what to expect with the different options presented.

nissan577

i know spanko
. i was just wondering if i was able to keep atleast a couple sps but very high towards the surface. also i took all of my zoas and favia with the candy cane to my bro in laws house since he has lots and better lighting in his 55g. i took a look at my corals and they are doing better in his tank then in mine. i know its the light thats messing me up

nissan577

lol. yea! well my dad said hes gonna buy it for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol. in 2- 3 days hes gonna order it for me! since we just sold the spoiler of my car. the guy has to come pick it up. and once he does its mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my corals are gonna be soooooooooooooooooo happy!
130watts

subielover

To be honest with you nissan, I really don't think you are gonna see much of an improvement with the new lights. Yes you will have a little more wattage but I really don't think that the intensity of the lighting will be much different than what you have. IMO just wait. Wait until you can afford a good lighting system rather than upgrading multiple times, it is like flushing money down the toilet. Wait until you can afford a nice T-5 setup, just doesn't seem worth it to buy now and then buy again in another couple months. Ultimately it is your money (or your dad's) and you may do with it whatever you like, just trying to give you my opinion.

rebelprettyboy

Originally Posted by subielover
http:///forum/post/2829370
To be honest with you nissan, I really don't think you are gonna see much of an improvement with the new lights. Yes you will have a little more wattage but I really don't think that the intensity of the lighting will be much different than what you have. IMO just wait. Wait until you can afford a good lighting system rather than upgrading multiple times, it is like flushing money down the toilet. Wait until you can afford a nice T-5 setup, just doesn't seem worth it to buy now and then buy again in another couple months. Ultimately it is your money (or your dad's) and you may do with it whatever you like, just trying to give you my opinion.

+1 on that...
Get the 80 hes gonna give u for those lights and save up another 100 from Christmas time and ull have enough for a Halide fixture or T5s

donpachino

i also think the the same have been telling him the same does want to listen yes his coral do look better in my tank but also told him it could be his water or not feeding enough photopalnkton or if he is still feeding? also need to dose more often (by the way am the bro in law)

nissan577

Originally Posted by donpachino
http:///forum/post/2830427
i also think the the same have been telling him the same does want to listen yes his coral do look better in my tank but also told him it could be his water or not feeding enough photopalnkton or if he is still feeding? also need to dose more often (by the way am the bro in law)

i have been dosing. well the bionic and iodine. but i still believe it could be the lights.

nissan577

no
. dam im a dork! did you see the lights? im trying to find the best i could. dad said no more lights after this one.

nissan577

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
http:///forum/post/2831111
Iodine can be a killer if not testing for it. Plus u usuallly done even need to dose for it in a tank
i dont dose it everyday. only like 1 or 2 a month. and about the test kit i use my bro in laws.

whisk

Hey Nissan, how are things? Just checking in, I havent posted in your thread in a couple days. Hows the tank coming, any new pics or news?