Nissan new 29 bio cube Diary

subielover

Like everyone else, I wouldn't put that in your DT. Either get a stronger light or do what Nano-newb did. Another thing to consider is that it is very easy to scrape the black off the back of the Biocube. I have done it and it was not hard at all. That way you could see back there and you could put a light up against the glass in the back for more lighting to your fuge.
Really though, I think the bottom line is you have to do more water changes. You can try this and that but there is no substitute for proper tank husbandry and that would include 10% (3 gallon) water changes weekly. If your nitrates are high than I would do 10% everyday until it was at an acceptable level(under 20.) HTH

nissan577

i would get the HOB but my tank is on the wall. i gave up on it ima leave it how it is in a cup with the mangrove for now. till i make a 5 gallon tank my fuge. i already have it plan out. but it wont be done for a week or so.
also im thinking of adding more Koralias. should i get 2 K1 or 2 K nanos? im getting a great deal on it

nissan577

Originally Posted by subielover
http:///forum/post/2899524
Like everyone else, I wouldn't put that in your DT. Either get a stronger light or do what Nano-newb did. Another thing to consider is that it is very easy to scrape the black off the back of the Biocube. I have done it and it was not hard at all. That way you could see back there and you could put a light up against the glass in the back for more lighting to your fuge.
Really though, I think the bottom line is you have to do more water changes. You can try this and that but there is no substitute for proper tank husbandry and that would include 10% (3 gallon) water changes weekly. If your nitrates are high than I would do 10% everyday until it was at an acceptable level(under 20.) HTH
it thanks. also i did a 10g water change now. hopefully as you and my LFS said and someone else as well it will help my tank. thanks

subielover

Oh ok, I would think 2 more k1's would be overkill. 2 nanos might be too, but there is only one way to tell. Any way you could just start with one additional koralia nano and go from there?

nissan577

oh ok. then ima order the 2 K nano and see if the tank is ok with one or two of them in there. thanks subie and cal. ima buy the K nano now