Nissan new 29 bio cube Diary

nissan577

Originally Posted by subielover
http:///forum/post/2889691
You are fine to do a 10 gallon water change. Just make sure all water is up to temperature. When doing a big one, I usually shut the light off for a bit to reduce the stress on the fish.
To mix your water. Buy a 5 gallon bucket. Buy either ro/di water from the fish store (or you could buy your own ro/di unit, to save money in the long run,) or distilled water. Buy a quality salt, such as Oceanic, Tropic Marin Pro Reef, Reef Crystals, etc. Buy a small pump to mix the water, I think I use a Rio 90 or something like that(it was $10.) Also buy a 25 or 50 watt heater, I prefer the stealth heaters. Add the correct amount of salt to the 5 gallons of water, which is usually about 1/2 cup per gallon. Let it mix for at least 24 hours, and when it is matching temperature, specific gravity, and ph you are good to perform the change.
In the long run, it will save you money. More importantly, you will know what exactly your water is made of

Perfect. ok thanks subie! your the greatest person ever!
i was wondering if i can buy one 5g saltwater already made and make one salt 5g myself. or its better to make them both myself?

nissan577

Originally Posted by scottallert
http:///forum/post/2889899
your tank looks better and better every time i see it, it looks great
sorry for the xenias though.
thanks man! thanks for those comments!
i know your tank is gonna ome along great! i still got more corals to add and so do you.
well yea i know about the xenias. idk why but they look like they are melting hopeing thats not the case. i wish nothing is wrong. thanks for stopping by scott

silverdak

looks great man, havent seen it in a long while. I have had to spend too much time fixing my truck, getting ready for the snow season, and trying to find a nice big tank for my fresh water fish that I have had for 2 years now

silverdak

everything is going good, the X-box is working really well and gets played all the time when friends come over.
tank is doing ok... corals arent opening up too much which is odd because my calcium is around 740ppm lol so there should be plenty for them. should have it all under control and growing in a week or so tho.

silverdak

o ya trust me I know lol I made a big time "noob" move and added an additive that I couldn't test for first. big mistake. my calcium was probably fine and I added the calcium additive. I have the test now, so I just need some more water to do a water change tomorrow. I have a friend who has over 12 years in the hobby coming over to check everything he can (he has the MASSIVE test kit) and then get everything back on track with the probably $500 of chemicals he has lol and its not costing me too much... lol just a x-mas present form my boss (heiniken mini keg lol)

silverdak

I would.... but lets just say I wouldnt be able to get it due to my current birth-date situation lol I am sure you can figure that out