No room for modesty

laurie01

BAKING!!!!!!!!!!!! Cookies anyone?
...they're my favorite to bake, but I also really enjoy (attempting) gourmet desserts. I've been baking since I was 9 (which was a loooong time ago).

nw2salt08

I'm good at being me and always being the person my friends and family come to for my recipes. I love to cook. If I could, I'd own my own restaurant. Just a nice thought...

cranberry

Originally Posted by Nw2Salt08
http:///forum/post/2795792
I'm good at being me and always being the person my friends and family come to for my recipes. I love to cook. If I could, I'd own my own restaurant. Just a nice thought...
What kind of food is your specialty?

aquaknight

Procastating, very, very, good at that... Whenever I get around to it, that is...
I think I'm a pretty good driver though.
I've raced R/C cars for years will some success, I'm really good on any computer/console driving game, and some limited success in actual competitive events, including Auto Cross, and timed laps at Homestead and Sebring racetracks. Would love to start some minor stuff racing SCCA when the $$ funds get more comfortable (after college).

nw2salt08

I'm pretty good at cooking a little of everything but mainly I excell in taking down home cooking and adding a new twist to it. I have my own recipes all in my head and never really use a cookbook. Not to mention, I make some pretty good desserts. Why do you think my hubby gained 75lbs since he's been home from Iraq??

reefkprz

great replies folks. its always cool to learn some new things about the people on here not related to fish tanks and corals, it gives everyone more depth in my visualizations of them.
as for me...
I can fix, build, or assemble, just about anything, for some reason I just happen to be very manually adept.
I was that kid that tore the vcr apart and was able to get it back together before mom got home and figured out I dissasembled it. (yes it still worked when I got it back together)
unfortunatly this skill backfires more often than not as everyone calls me to help them fix everything.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
http:///forum/post/2796640
great replies folks. its always cool to learn some new things about the people on here not related to fish tanks and corals, it gives everyone more depth in my visualizations of them.
as for me...
I can fix, build, or assemble, just about anything, for some reason I just happen to be very manually adept.
I was that kid that tore the vcr apart and was able to get it back together before mom got home and figured out I dissasembled it. (yes it still worked when I got it back together)
unfortunatly this skill backfires more often than not as everyone calls me to help them fix everything.
I could and would take it apart, but couldn't get it back together...
There were a lot of whooping when I went through that stage...

aquaknight

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
http:///forum/post/2796640

The best was after you put it back together, sometimes you have left over parts, but it'd still work fine!

scotts

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/2796659

The best was after you put it back together, sometimes you have left over parts, but it'd still work fine!
So true, but you were sweating bullets until they turned it on and used the sucker.

aquaknight

Definitely! Actually one of the funniest stories was a VCR. I absolutely destroyed the display lens on their VCR, shattered into piece. What I ended up doing was doing, was taking the largest piece left, which thankfully covered all of the play/reverese/clock screen, then used a large carbon fiber decal (sticker) that I trimmed to fit, it would hold the lens frag in place and hide the rest of the exposed bit of the VCR. Since the VCR was black, the lens was black, and the sticker was dark grey/black, you could hardy tell. As the weeks went by, I started to become a bit disappointed they haven't notice, but I thought it was a pretty sweet mod to the VCR