Now...here's a fish that you don't see everyday

steveweast

This is a flame trunkfish that I've had for 3 months now. He is from Austrailian waters and perfers a little cooler water (mid 70's). I'm hoping to move him into the main reef one day....so far, he's doing well.

chandler04

Doesnt look invert safe, but DAZZLING fish I must say. If u look at the first pic, it has like a snowflake scale pattern almost. Pretty neat. How much did that lil guy run ya? Colorful for sure.

steveweast

I've been trying some corals and a clam in his tank to see if he has any interest...so far, he only eats mysis. I would feel pretty comfortable about putting him in the main tank ....he's so easy to catch. I just got make sure he eats out of my hand first....he couldn't compete with the other fish for food....he's too slow.

lovethesea

that is one cool looking fish. I love the little "spiderman" like lines on his body. Body almost resembles a box/cow fish.
Very neat indeed!!
:yes:

nm reef

Definitely a very kewl fish...and I agree its not something you see every day. I've never seen one ... never even heard any discussion about them.
But...what really interested me was the pic quality! Seems you have acclamated to your new camera very well...what did you end up getting?

brooklyn johnny

Excellent fish Steve... I've only seen two in person... one belonged to my local buddy Robie Sayan (Robz on the boards) and the other I recently saw at one of my old local shops in Jersey (Absolutely Fish) where he's in their display with among other things a Conspiculatus Angel.
There are many rare fish out there, but this one is very unique in color, behavior, body shape, and many other aspects. I've only seen it offered at one site with initials MA...
Congrats... my newbie rare guy doesn't compare to that, but it's a little juvie chrysurus angel...

kl8n

Looks like a clown and a puffer bumped uglies.
Very very cool! I am jealous...but then I'm jealous of a lot of things on this website.

fishman830

Originally posted by Brooklyn Johnny
Excellent fish Steve... I've only seen two in person... one belonged to my local buddy Robie Sayan (Robz on the boards) and the other I recently saw at one of my old local shops in Jersey (Absolutely Fish) where he's in their display with among other things a Conspiculatus Angel.
There are many rare fish out there, but this one is very unique in color, behavior, body shape, and many other aspects. I've only seen it offered at one site with initials MA...
Congrats... my newbie rare guy doesn't compare to that, but it's a little juvie chrysurus angel...

absolutely fish = awesome

I

irenicus

The fish looks beautiful. That's what I love about his hobby, alway see something new.