obama speach

deejeff442

well obama is taking credit for bin laden.even though it was bush's policies that got him.i dont know why ron paul hasnt gotten more interest? oh wait yes i do the media dont want him

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth http:///t/390117/obama-speach#post_3453158
Newt lied claiming "he" balanced the budget for 4 consec. yrs. Also, Newt was the speaker of the house. Whatever budget was balanced during his tenure was not balanced by him alone by any stretch of the imagination. Him claiming that "he" balanced the budget is arrogance. Clinton was president when the budget was balanced, with a Rep. Senate and Dem. House, and, together, they balanced the budget.
Something that neither Bush (REP) nor Obama (DEM) achieved.
I disagree, Newt absolutely deserves credit for balancing the budget. If you don't remember Clinton was running around like a leftist loon trying to pass socialized medicine etc until Newt and the boys swept into congress with their "contract with america" Sure he doesn't deserve ALL the credit, but to imply that he shouldn't claim a significant portion of the credit is bias... And keep in mind, I think he is a fork tongued snake who would make me consider voting for Romney. And I didn't see myself voting for him period...
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejeff442
http:///t/390117/obama-speach/20#post_3453160
well obama is taking credit for bin laden.even though it was bush's policies that got him.i dont know why ron paul hasnt gotten more interest? oh wait yes i do the media dont want him
Ron Paul has not got more attention, because of his foreign policy and his extremist wacko followers... Anyone who goes out and blames America for 9/11 should be kicked aside as an anti-American fringe kook.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Taking what Ron Paul has said in interviews, I don't come away with his blaming America for 911. He does say that government foreign policy was a factor in 911.
To think that our foreign policy does not have a role in the attacks waged against us by Middle East nut-jobs is naive. America is a factor in what happens in the Middle East, most recently Libra. And don't just blame Obama. There are countless incidence of USA policy shaping what happens over there, and, in fact, shaping what happens all over the world.
Do you think non-Americans hold us dear for our world--policing? Not even our close allies are thrilled. Yes, I know, until they need us, but still Ron Paul has never blamed America for 911.
Can we really afford the cost of what our foreign policy has been in the last decade? And yet, lets start aiming at Iran while paying off Israel (largest recipient of foreign aide) NOT to go to war.

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth http:///t/390117/obama-speach/20#post_3453174
Taking what Ron Paul has said in interviews, I don't come away with his blaming America for 911. He does say that government foreign policy was a factor in 911.
To think that our foreign policy does not have a role in the attacks waged against us by Middle East nut-jobs is naive. America is a factor in what happens in the Middle East, most recently Libra. And don't just blame Obama. There are countless incidence of USA policy shaping what happens over there, and, in fact, shaping what happens all over the world.
Do you think non-Americans hold us dear for our world--policing? Not even our close allies are thrilled. Yes, I know, until they need us, but still Ron Paul has never blamed America for 911.
Can we really afford the cost of what our foreign policy has been in the last decade? And yet, lets start aiming at Iran while paying off Israel (largest recipient of foreign aide) NOT to go to war.
Oh please he's been running around saying that we needed a real investigation into 9/11. All but toeing the truther line... Then he goes out and denies everything. Then goes and toes that line again.
Realistically our foreign policy isn't why they hate us. Sure they use it at fodder, but we'd have to embrace Ha'al before they stopped hating us...

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Quote:
Originally Posted by stdreb27 http:///t/390117/obama-speach/20#post_3453180
Oh please he's been running around saying that we needed a real investigation into 9/11. All but toeing the truther line...
If you worked for government as long as I have, you would not wonder why anyone would not trust a government investigation. I can tell you unequivocally that most "investigations" are terribly slanted away from blaming government for anything. And, I'm sure that is true about the 911 investigations as well.

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth http:///t/390117/obama-speach/20#post_3453211
If you worked for government as long as I have, you would not wonder why anyone would not trust a government investigation. I can tell you unequivocally that most "investigations" are terribly slanted away from blaming government for anything. And, I'm sure that is true about the 911 investigations as well.
You're missing the point, when you tell a Truther organization that you are going to talk to Denis Kooksinich agree that we need to have a legitimate investigation into 9/11. There are all sorts of connotations involved with that...
They're not talking about a lessons learned about where they failed to connect the dots...

reefraff

I'll vote for the elephant if that's what's on the Republican ticket. I think of any candidate Romney has the best chance at uniting the parties because he was able to do it as governor. He has said he believes states have the right to enact health care like Mass did and quite frankly I agree with him. Doesn't mean I think it's a good idea but keep in mind Mass had a Democrat controlled legislature when he was there. He had to go along with a lot of stuff they pushed for. Romney did change on abortion which is an issue I could care less about. People need to look up the definition of the term in the first place. Changing your position on an issue isn't flip flopping. Going back and forth is.

mantisman51

I was raised evangelical and still hold the basic tenants, though I have become somewhat crusty and jaded. I mention this because when I was growing up in SW Idaho, most of my friends were Mormon and I had more in common in daily life and family beliefs with Mormons than most nominal, mainstream church members. So far, every major evangelical organization has said if Romney were the candidate they would support him. But if you read Yahoo news and watch the TV network news, you would think evangelicals were going to start an "anybody but the Mormon" third party. The liberal press is wanting to get the "division in the Republican party" spin started early. The news media was is the tank without any restraint for the democratics the last 4 presidential elections. Where they had previously had a pretense of neutrality, they have now just become the spokesmen/women of the democratics presidential candidate. The point is, I hope it ends up being Romney because he has the name recognition without the baggage of Gingritch, but expect there to be non-stop hit pieces from the alphabet networks and the rest of the left wing media from the convention to the election.

deejeff442

i just saw a pic of brewer in Az. obama just got off the plane and brewer was shoving her finger in his face.now i believe she is 100% right on the immigration thing but dont go sticking your finger in the presidents face with the press there.thats not good for the world to see.

mantisman51

Let's see; we are being invaded by drug cartels, our hospitals and welfare services are being overwhelmed to the point of closing and when our state passed a COMPLIMENTARY law in support of Federal law, Obama (bowing to La {klan with a tan} Raza and the democratics who want the illegal vote) sues us to allow the invasion to continue. I'll keep this short, but it is THAT IMPORTANT! 1) There are sanctuary cities with laws in direct opposition to Federal law-why are the law breaking states not being sued? 2) In early January, Sheriff Joe Arapaio arrested 47 men(all illegal and all cartel soldiers) who had $30 million in cocaine, marijauna and automatic weapons and he was able to do it using an immigration law search warrant. The VERY NEXT DAY the Justice Department revoked all Arizona law enforcement's ability to enforce immigration law or even check immigration status! THE U.S. DEPT OF JUSTICE IS RUNNING PROTECTION FOR THE CARTELS!!! Now, Deej, I will politely not say to you want I'm thinking, but suffice it to say, I damn well wish she would have kneed the bastage in the balls!

deejeff442

oh dont get me wrong i would love to see her kick him in the nuts .but i dont think the world needs to see our president disrespected.if she did it in a meeting with out the press fine.dont forget he will be gone in january.i am sure she will get back at it then.as it is the world is laughing at this guy.this only adds to it.

mantisman51

I used to feel that way, but not anymore. He is not just an embarrassment and I don't just disagree with his politics or I would still give respect to the office. He is a criminal, him and Holder, who are facilitating a foreign invasion and drug smuggling here in Arizona that makes Miami in the 1980's look like child's play. And then he and Holder want to take the weapons we have to protect ourselves with. I'm sick of people giving respect to an unprincipled and absolute criminal like Obama. He no longer deserves any respect-respect and contempt are both earned.

deejeff442

i look at it this way if this becomes the norm.it will continue to the next president.the voters will have their turn soon enough.the majority of the country voted this clown to office and hopefully they learned their lesson.

reefraff

Now for the "rest of the story". 0bama gets off the plane, Brewer welcomes him and hands him a letter and invites him to a meeting. He starts complaining about her characterization of their last meeting in her new book and the argument is on. Never lose sight of the fact we elect a president, not a king. He is our employee. You show a certain level of respect to the office but that's a two way street.

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejeff442 http:///t/390117/obama-speach/20#post_3453277
i look at it this way if this becomes the norm.it will continue to the next president.the voters will have their turn soon enough.the majority of the country voted this clown to office and hopefully they learned their lesson.
With all the Disrespect he's shown to the office, and all the disrespect of the previous president, you're worried about someone sticking her finger in his face?
Keep in mind, (take it with a grain of salt) that it is being reported that Obama went after her for what she said in her book...

beth

Administrator
Staff member
The public finger pointing was unseemly, in my view, and her remarks latter saying, while laughing, she "felt threatened" was as well. She was the one pointing a finger in the face, yet she was "not hostile"?
I do support her efforts to address the illegals and totally oppose the feds on this issue.

reefraff

If you look at the picture when they first met at the bottom of the stairs she was smiling and you could see her holding the letter. Unseemly or not something happened to change her good mood.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
So, something happened. He supposedly said something about how he was portrayed in her book. How does that result in finger pointing and feeling threatened? He ended up walking away from her. I would have too if she pointed a finger in my face. She is the one blabbing about it with such glee for the media's benefit. It does not reflect well on her, is all I'm saying.

deejeff442

thats what i was saying also.there are right ways and wrong to get your point across.i would think if she took a better approach at him he might have stood there and listened.

stdreb27

It blows my mind that is your perception... Here is someone getting sued by the Obama administration for writing laws that basically mirror federal law. Being walked up to, chewed out by POTUS for what she wrote in a book. She sticks a finger in his face, picture is snapped, and she's the unseemly one? And she can't get a word in edgewise? It isn't the first time, Obama has treated a republican governor like trash...