obama speach

darthtang aw

It's in the 21% - 22% range (55 million (SS) of what is outside the 200 million referred to as Adult 15 - 65.)  Perhaps 47% is including infants and up, out of 311 million total.
Actually, It comes from the Joint committee on Taxation. It is 51% of ALL households. Not people. 31% actually received more money than paid in. So your figure is wrong in reality.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejeff442 http:///t/390117/obama-speach/100#post_3459579
i have never agreed with the repubs that 47% dont pay taxes.there is no way.if you include all the people on ss and disability i would think even then its more like 10-15% where did they come up with 47% ? cant trust either side anymore
You are correct. Last year it was 51%, It's the percentage of tax returns filed where the people owe no federal income taxes, they know exactly how many it is.

reefraff

Yep. Me and my wife didn't have kids together because we were waiting until we thought we could afford to support more than the one she already had. Other things happened and we never did have a kid. I guess that's part of the reason it just irritates the heck out of me that these selfish a holes complain that they have to pay to raise their own kids. How dare we.......