Obama to address your kids at school??

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/post/3136197
Try the AIG and other bank bailouts. That was Bush's baby before Obama was even elected. Obama continued it because if he didn't, it wouldv'e been money completely down the drain, as opposed to recouping some or all of it down the line. Obama hasn't been completely stupid when it comes to continuing all of Bush's policies. He's stated that if he wouldv'e just continued 'as is' when he got into office, and kept backing all the policies Bush implemented before he left office, the deficit would be a couple trillion worse in 10 years than what he wants to implement.
The problem with Obama is he's like a kid in a candy store. He finally has access to all these controls and powers, and he can't contain himself. He wants to do so much, and he actually believes four years isn't enough to get it done (He knows getting reelected isn't a sure thing). He's probably not wrong in that assessment. Look at past legislation on healthcare. Clinton took almost two years fighting for his cause, and ended up losing. If Obama sits on his laurels and lets Congress run the timetable, healthcare reform will never happen. If he sits around and waits for Congress to stop filling up bills with pork and bad legislation, none of his other policies or dreams will get fulfilled. He's a Type A person that wants results. You think he's moving too fast. Well he's already burned almost 9 months of his first year in office, and he hasn't gotten very much done. That's probably the Republican's plan. Procrastinate and keep things at a slow pace until next year's elections. Hope for the best, and regain the majority in the Senate and maybe the House. Do that, and Obama's a lame duck his last two years in office. That's the final blow to the American people and, BANG!, you have another Republican president. Isn't Washington politics great?
If he took out the public option...He would have healthcare reform completed in less than a week.....The american people are all for reform....where it gets bogged down is the public option.....But 100 democrats won't sign a bill without a public option.....so either way he is screwed....
I am asking you personally...which is more important...a Reform bill on healthcare...or no bill at all. Because that is what our choices are.
From what I see, the democrats supporting the public option are not interested in reform, they are only interested in a government body gaining more control over an industry...hence creating more big government..

bionicarm

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
http:///forum/post/3136338
If he took out the public option...He would have healthcare reform completed in less than a week.....The american people are all for reform....where it gets bogged down is the public option.....But 100 democrats won't sign a bill without a public option.....so either way he is screwed....
I am asking you personally...which is more important...a Reform bill on healthcare...or no bill at all. Because that is what our choices are.
From what I see, the democrats supporting the public option are not interested in reform, they are only interested in a government body gaining more control over an industry...hence creating more big government..
The various bills have become so convoluted and changed so often, I don't even know what the 'public option' is anymore. It was orginally meant to be an outlet for individuals who had no helath insurance whatsoever to obtain that insurance at a competitive cost. For people who already liked the insurance (and its associated cost) they had, they could keep that insurance with no penalties or changes in coverage. What happened, is the detractors started saying that this 'public option' they were going to offer, was going to undercut the prices of the insurance companies, thereby hurting their bottom dollar, and also causing a mass exodus of the people who do have coverage, over to this plan. The problem with this, is there's been no discussion or anything else that states exactly what the Feds will charge for their plan. What will thier 'insurance' cover? What will the individual and family deductibles be? What will be the out-of-pocket max? Will everyone who signs up for this plan pay the exact same premium, or will the premiums be based on age or number of family members in the plan? That's what I think everyone is missing on this 'public option'. My understanding was it wasn't going to be free. Everyone was going to have to pay 'something' to get the insurance.

reefraff

Originally Posted by Fishtaco
http:///forum/post/3136298
Reefraff, I am curious about your thoughts on Beck, he seems completely crazy to me and I don't care which side of the debate you are on. Take a look at his "stand" on U.S. health care a few years ago when he had his surgery. I sure would not use any information he puts out to earn points in a debate, unless you are willing to take everything Maddow and Olberman say as fact also. The 24 hour news cycle is completely evil IMHO.
When Beck says the Us vs them, Democrat vs Republican thing is hurting the country is he crazy?
I don't take anything anyone says at face value. Maddow, while I completely disagree with her on most issues seems to be a fairly straight shooter. Olberman is a lying douchebag. I didn't follow Beck a few years ago. All I know is since I started watching him he makes more sense than most people out there.

reefraff

At this point I think what you are going to see is a bill with no public option come out of the Senate and the House will insert one into their version of the bill.

fishtaco

At this point I have no doubt nothing is going to change with my health care, it is still going to be the second most expensive bill I have after my house payment, while the CEO of my health care makes more taking his morning dump than we do in a month. All I ever had hope for is maybe I could get a better deal than 300 dollars a month and a 7000.00 deductable before my insurance kicks in. I guess I could just drop my insurance when it gets too expensive, I call that a do it yourself death panel. Dental and vision insurance, that would be a luxury. Been fending for myself for 7 years and if you are an independent American who does not work for others you are screwed when it comes to health care.
Fishtaco

reefraff

http:///forum/post/3136518
At this point I have no doubt nothing is going to change with my health care, it is still going to be the second most expensive bill I have after my house payment, while the CEO of my health care makes more taking his morning dump than we do in a month. All I ever had hope for is maybe I could get a better deal than 300 dollars a month and a 7000.00 deductable before my insurance kicks in. I guess I could just drop my insurance when it gets too expensive, I call that a do it yourself death panel. Dental and vision insurance, that would be a luxury. Been fending for myself for 7 years and if you are an independent American who does not work for others you are screwed when it comes to health care.
Fishtaco
How was the plan going to lower your payments? There was nothing in the bill to lower costs and they were going to increase coverage and the number of people covered.
The Ossiah has appointed Kathleen Sabelus as the head of the Tort reform panel. Of course the woman was the head of the Missouri trial lawyers association for 8 years %%
Yeah, thats going to work.

fishtaco

I was hoping for anything to help. I would have no problem paying the money if I thought I was going to get what I paid for if I have a health problem. Unless I go back to work as a wage slave, I am absolutely stuck and screwed when it comes to health insurance. So my options currently are to pay every month and be forced to keep 7000 grand in the bank (something that is not easy for most people including myself) and hope I will be covered and not denied. Try and find a job in the public sector for the sole purpose of health care access, which since I live in a small rural county would probably mean a move from my little slice of heaven to a larger job market or cancel my insurance and hope for the best since there is absolutely no guarantee it will cover me anyway. At least I can rest easy knowing the capitalist system is working great with the CEO of my health company sleeping at one of the probably 5 homes he owns and flew to with the corporate jet. Both sides have sold us out on health reform IMHO. This is huge, should be worked on jointly 100% percent by newly elected officials who have replaced all the crooks up on the hill due to term limits.
Fishtaco

reefraff

http:///forum/post/3136618
I was hoping for anything to help. I would have no problem paying the money if I thought I was going to get what I paid for if I have a health problem. Unless I go back to work as a wage slave, I am absolutely stuck and screwed when it comes to health insurance. So my options currently are to pay every month and be forced to keep 7000 grand in the bank (something that is not easy for most people including myself) and hope I will be covered and not denied. Try and find a job in the public sector for the sole purpose of health care access, which since I live in a small rural county would probably mean a move from my little slice of heaven to a larger job market or cancel my insurance and hope for the best since there is absolutely no guarantee it will cover me anyway. At least I can rest easy knowing the capitalist system is working great with the CEO of my health company sleeping at one of the probably 5 homes he owns and flew to with the corporate jet. Both sides have sold us out on health reform IMHO. This is huge, should be worked on jointly 100% percent by newly elected officials who have replaced all the crooks up on the hill due to term limits.
Fishtaco
News flash. Corporate CEO's could learn a lot about corruption and elaborate lifestyles from the DC crowd.
I think Baucus will pull a rabbit out of his hat. Thing is none of the reform they are talking about is going to help you unless you are able to hide most of your income.

uneverno

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/3136653
News flash. Corporate CEO's could learn a lot about corruption and elaborate lifestyles from the DC crowd.
The two go pretty much hand in hand, don't they? Bankrupt CEO's taking private jets to DC to ask for handouts, Representatives giving taxpayer funded handouts to companies in their districts so they can lock in union campaign contributions and member votes...
The whole thing is reminiscent of the latter days of Rome - Bread and Circus Games - i.e. historically proven failure.
I think Baucus will pull a rabbit out of his hat.
If it does
happen, it'll more likely be from the opposite end of his hat. Baucus' (interestingly Maoist named) "Group of 6" has already removed the public and the single payer options from the table.
Thing is none of the reform they are talking about is going to help you unless you are able to hide most of your income.
Pretty much.
The object of reform is to upset the status quo, not to entrench it.

reefraff

Originally Posted by uneverno
http:///forum/post/3136803
The two go pretty much hand in hand, don't they? Bankrupt CEO's taking private jets to DC to ask for handouts, Representatives giving taxpayer funded handouts to companies in their districts so they can lock in union campaign contributions and member votes...
The whole thing is reminiscent of the latter days of Rome - Bread and Circus Games - i.e. historically proven failure.
If it does
happen, it'll more likely be from the opposite end of his hat. Baucus' (interestingly Maoist named) "Group of 6" has already removed the public and the single payer options from the table.
Pretty much.
The object of reform is to upset the status quo, not to entrench it.
As far as Democrats go Baucus is very middle of the road.
I think that the Co-op deal will be part of his plan. Might be some promise there.

uneverno

http:///forum/post/3136837
I think that the Co-op deal will be part of his plan. Might be some promise there.
I remain skeptically hopeful on that count. He's received hundreds of millions in campaign contributions from the health care industry.
IMO, that just might sway his objectivity.

zman1

http:///forum/post/3136837
Yah - Insurance companies love him - NOW..... I thought I would hear complaints about the mandatory enrollment or penalties from the conservatives…. I wonder why not? I guess it comes down to - not a public option and further lines insurance pockets through mandates… Perhaps that’s all GOOD in the eyes of ?????
Dang government mandates- well, unless it furthers the business pockets –

The house bill will have to go forward and needs a public option...

reefraff

Originally Posted by zman1
http:///forum/post/3137548
Yah - Insurance companies love him - NOW..... I thought I would hear complaints about the mandatory enrollment or penalties from the conservatives…. I wonder why not? I guess it comes down to - not a public option and further lines insurance pockets through mandates… Perhaps that’s all GOOD in the eyes of ?????
Dang government mandates- well, unless it furthers the business pockets –

The house bill will have to go forward and needs a public option...
I like the idea of mandatory insurance. I think it is probably unconstitutional but we will see. The reason I don't mind the mandatory insurance provision is that hospitals are required by law to treat anyone that shows up in the ER. I think its fair to require people to pay for those services.