Odd pair

caz2022

Here are some pics of my Sebae Clown hosting with an Atlantic Anomone. It took him all of 2 days to move in. The 1st day he humg around getting closer and closer-was alot of fun to watch. When I got up the 2nd day he had moved in. He really only seems to come out at feeding time.

bang guy

Hey Caz! How are your doing? Did you get that Sebae at Markheim Pets? It's really really bleached and is going to require a LOT of TLC to get it healthy again.

steve24

hey bang,
not to steal a thread, but since you`ve help me in the past (mostly when i started my tank) could you check out my thread "wednesday 6 pac" ???
SORRY
thanks,
steve

caz2022

The anemone is an Atlantic,the clownfish is a sebae. Both seem to be doing fine and enjoying each other.

caz2022

No I got him a couple weeks ago out at The Fish Place. He seems to be getting on fine (after a brush with one of my intake tubes). Hes taking one frozen krill every two days. I've been watching to see if he spits them out but,nothings ever laying around by him.

brandiemay

Condy Anemones are white with occassional colored tips. I had one and my clowns never paid it any attention. I've read that it's very rare for them to host in a Condy, you got lucky.

hot883

Originally Posted by caz2022
Here are some pics of my Sebae Clown hosting with an Atlantic Anomone. It took him all of 2 days to move in. The 1st day he humg around getting closer and closer-was alot of fun to watch. When I got up the 2nd day he had moved in. He really only seems to come out at feeding time.
Nice additions. Is that a brackish water "Mono" in the first pic.?

caz2022

Thanks. They used to be in my brackish tank. Everything Iv found online says that they'll go full marine as they get older. Im sure I rushed them,but they seem like they absolutly love it. They're alot more active in this tank.

shoreliner11

Originally Posted by brandiemay
Condy Anemones are white with occassional colored tips. I had one and my clowns never paid it any attention. I've read that it's very rare for them to host in a Condy, you got lucky.
There is a difference between white...and off white to cream. The shade of white of this anemone suggests bleaching. I hope with care it'll turn around.
Aaron

caz2022

Iv read about dealers bleaching them. I hope its a good sign that since I got him,Iv noticed that his tips have been "tanning" up.

bang guy

Originally Posted by caz2022
Iv read about dealers bleaching them. I hope its a good sign that since I got him,Iv noticed that his tips have been "tanning" up.

That's a great sign!

ray28576

I thought something was wrong with my Condy turning tanish, because it was pure white. So is it good when it turns abrownish color. My LFS has them and they are snow white in color, is that bad?

bang guy

Originally Posted by Ray28576
Oh yeah, how do they bleach them?
They starve them of light. This kills the symbiotic Zooxanthellae (which are brown) and makes the Anemone look white. Feeding the Anemone will keep it alive but it needs the Zooxanthellae to stay healthy.

caz2022

Can somebody please tell me if my Condy's dieing. It went from what you see in the photos to shriveled up to about the size of a golf ball!!!!! It literally happened in about ten minutes. :help: