Odyssea 2006 Model MH Lights

marine693

One last question for you psusocr1...are there really three separate power cords/plugs? Can you set the thing up on timers?

hardcrab67

Me three, same dude. But I think my fans have quit working, gotta check that out. Other than that they're ok. No broken bulbs though.

supalupa

One of my fans starting getting really loud and slowing down so I called the place I bought them from and they sent me two replacement fans for free. I have the 72" fixture over my 125 and I love it. I have had mine for 3 months.

jacknjill

Mine came in two boxes, one box for the ballast, one box for the actual fixture itself. The fixture was in one pice with the bulbs in it, but we had to take one side apart to get the cardboard packing out from between the PC bulbs. Also one of the MH glass covers had come out of the track on one side so we had to pop it back in, but other than that it was fine. Oh of course we had to attach the legs, but thats it.
Lately ive had a HUGEEEEEEEE algae bloom! Looks like you could pet my tank! Brown stringy bubbly! Everywhere! rocks, walls, powerheads. BUt i dont know what its from, like a delayed reaction from the lights or what, because it happened like last week! Im ordering a HUGE cleanup crewe from here ASAP! And if that doesnt help im ordering new bulbs.

W

winstew

yes on the new models there are 3 seperate power cords so you can hook each up to a timer if desired. I recommend the coralife aqua timer. It has 4 programmable lines and 4 constant. Worth the $29 IMO.

marine693

Can you use any type of 150 HQI bulb as a replacement for this system? I have heard that most ballasts are set up for 150/175W bulbs, but I wasn't sure whether or not this one was.

marine693

I finally got my light...it's all set up and looks wonderful. I am going to order 150W 10000K bulbs and 96W actinic PC's because the bulbs you get from this guy suck! I guess that's why they are included. I had no problems whatsoever with my light. I have my ballast hanging from hooks to allow for maximum ventilation. The only complaint I have is the smell of the equipment when it warms up...I feel like I'm sucking in paint fumes! I will post some pictures as soon as I take them! I definately suggest this system for anyone trying to save some money!

marine693

Yes, they are the bulbs that come with the unit; they are also Odyssea brand. Unfortunately, the actinic bulbs are very blue and the MH bulbs are 20000K and not the 10000K that would work best with Actinic. So, all in all, they put out a very blue spectrum. I am going to take some pics with my setup shortly...I will post them today. I just ordered some Ushio 10000K HQI bulbs and I'm thinking about buying some coralife 96W actinics. All in all, even if you do buy replacement bulbs, you are still saving 2-3 hundred dollars! In my opinion, it's well worth it...especially since I'm a college student and can't really afford the pricey fixtures.
Originally Posted by Saltwater8
How do these bulbs suck?
Aren't they the bulbs that originally come with the unit?
:thinking:

marine693

Here is the website...he updates it daily so be sure to check it out often because sometimes he is sold out and they are not displayed. http://stores.----.com/hombby
Originally Posted by RoushRacer
Could you possibly email me the info on where you got the odyssea lighting 2007?

jacknjill

Originally Posted by Marine693
Yes, they are the bulbs that come with the unit; they are also Odyssea brand. Unfortunately, the actinic bulbs are very blue and the MH bulbs are 20000K and not the 10000K that would work best with Actinic. So, all in all, they put out a very blue spectrum. I am going to take some pics with my setup shortly...I will post them today. I just ordered some Ushio 10000K HQI bulbs and I'm thinking about buying some coralife 96W actinics. All in all, even if you do buy replacement bulbs, you are still saving 2-3 hundred dollars! In my opinion, it's well worth it...especially since I'm a college student and can't really afford the pricey fixtures.
whered you buy the bulbs from? what wattage?

S

slayer

well I got my lights yesterday..hooked them up today and they look great and I couldn't be happier with them

zanoshanox

I actually got the 2007 model...And I was wondering, because it doest way on my auction - Are the ballasts magnetic or electric?