Off Topic Stuff: Seen any good movies lately?

wrassecal

Oh I forgot Igby, loved that movie and you can't have Depp I already claimed him;) I need to see Best in Show. You may not be getting any good movie ideas but I am:D

ryebread

If you are going to get your hands on Best in Show.......you might as well pick up Waiting for Guffman at the same time. :cool:
Moulin Rouge is me and my wife's favorite for the musicals. We danced to 2 of the songs at our wedding.
BTW- Johnny says stay out of our business and he keeps wispering something about a Viper Room into my ear. :confused:

fishkiller

popoty- Thursday SHOULD be available at a local video rental place. I had no idea it was worth that much. I have a copy a friend left here. I don't think I'll tell him about it now. lol I think maybe circuit city or best buy may have it, unless they don't carry

[hr]
stuff. I think it's rated R but I think the uncut version is NC-17. That one on amazon may be the uncut version. TRY to get a copy though, or at least you can try to rent it.

ekclark

Miller's Crossing...early Cohen brothers. You don't hear much about it, but it is one of my favorites of all time. Fast, Cheap, and Out of Control is my favorite documentary. It explores man's need to control life--sound at all familiar? I wish I had this power over my damsels, they would be a net right now.

carpas

Ok, sure, been lurking for awhile, that said, movies to see:
Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins
Rounders
CKY2K

popoty

fishkiller
Thanks
i will see if i can rent it,"Thursday".
Open Range was good but VERY drawn out. Could of been a half hour shorter. Duvall was awesome.

scotts

When you get Best in Show and Waiting for Guffman make sure to get the DVD and listen to the commentary. That is how I learned that Corky had his pants on backwards while he was inventing his dance.
I still love the guy who had been investigating that crop circle for years, but he still did not bring a tape measure large enough. gotta love stuff like that.
Scott

madd catt

My preferance is more like horror-b/independent type films,some of like argentos movies or old hammer,american international,amicus productions things like that or any new b-movies that get released.
I dont watch tv that much at all, mostly radio but televison sets {HD-TV} widescreen if you have one i dont are good for dvd movies.

scotts

So Rye,
Do you have a surround sound stereo system? If not you are missing out. The first movie that we tried it out on was O' Brother, Where art thou. Not only was it incredible to hear the sound from all around you, but there was so much more sound. For instance in the beginning of the movie when they are chained up and running for the train the sounds of the chains clinking is incredible.
I have always been into Foley and love the sound aspects of movies. So for all that have DVD players you need a surround sound system. Mine was only $300 and is excellent.
Scott

ryebread

Scotts- I have created my own surround sound system with multiple speaker, but I plan to get something better once I start bringing in a little more jack! :D

jumpfrog

We're the home movie types too. Big Screen and the surround sound makes all the difference. Best we've seen in a while was Basic. Was suprised to the end! All time favorite would have to be The Wind and Lion. Big Sean Connery fan.

krishj39

The Usual Suspects--a classic. gotta love Kevin Spacey
Office Space--definitely my fav comedy, with Tommy Boy a close second
Godfather 1 and 2 (has no one mentioned them yet? unbelievable)
Koyaanisqatsi--favorite art film, just about impossible to find, a very used VHS costs $75+ on ----. Directed by Godfrey Reggio, music by Philip Glass
Vampire Hunter D, Ghost in the Shell, Lain, Princess Mononoke--just a few of my favorite animes. Rye, if you haven't been exposed to anime, I think you might like them--all a bit different as they reflect Japanese culture, which I almot always count as a plus
Lord of the Rings--another classic, still doesn't do justice to the books, but Peter Jackson did a great job

scotts

Originally posted by DvSKiN Go figure, but my favorite all time move was A Knights Tale I loved it!!! LoL
Yes I love that movie too. I think I drive my wife crazy with it. I painted our walk in closet all day while listening to the sound track over and over.
I like the movie Pleasantvlle as well. It is a great commentary on how well the white male had ii in the good ole days.
Memento is also a good one.
An oldie but a goodie is Zulu.
A good one, but with not a happy ending is Breaker Morant.
Scott

jarvis

Lock stock and Two smoking barells
Trainspoting
Swingers
devils advocate
ALL OF The Prophocys.........Cristopher Walkens is great.
stigmata
Excorcist
dusk till dawn
big
Magnolia
Arlington road
PCU
Animal house
Evil Dead 1.........oh such bad acting its good:p
Up in smoke
Gladiator
star wars