omg!!! please help me asap!!!!!!!

reefforbrains

Plenty of people keep successful tanks without those two kits but they really do help with pinpointing your water's specs.
With proper waterchanges and good habits, most of the quality brands of salt mixes have ratios in line with what you will need. So dont worry too much about it. Grab them if you can down the road but not absolutley manditory.
How long have you had the carbon in the water? And when really looking close, does the water look like dust in the water, as in small flakes? or just so fine you cant make it out?
More of a curiosity than actual scientific analysis but strange things can react with one another. Switching salts, foods, or water supplies for that matter can do funky things. Very rare for a salt mix to be so far off as to cause a chem reaction.
Some places have tap that acts up from time to time. Back to the carbon, how long has it been in?

sharkbait09

how long the pads or tottal ? tottal 6 months these pads 2 weeks
it looks kind like dust like when i first put in the crushed coral substrate

reefforbrains

Age shouldnt' matter. I have a certain expectation that brash or knee-jerk reactions are to be avoided with this hobby. The same expectation is to be expected from fellow board members.
If someone gets wild or panics, You roll a newspaper and smack them on the nose. Then that is the end of it in most cases. I welcome new members to the board of ANY age, but treat most of them the same.
Next time IF there is an issue, they will not come bursting in the door like a lunatic like thier house is on fire. You save those posts for when there is an actual emergency.
Please accept my appologies if I was offensive. I will again welcome you to the boards.....and put the newspaper down.
-RFB

sharkbait09

im confused i changed the carbon two weeks ago and ive been running carbon pads since ive started but change them every 3 weeks
thanx!

reefforbrains

OK, then if carbon pads are not old then we can go to step 2
The particles, are they superfine where you cant make them out, or are they like little tiny snowflakes flying around?

reefforbrains

Go to sleep, worry about it in the morning. It is just cloudy. We will know more in the morning anyway.
This downtime will let anything settle if it was from the substrate. And it is is NOT from the substrate we pick up where we left off..

nuro

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
http:///forum/post/3088484
Go to sleep, worry about it in the morning. It is just cloudy. We will know more in the morning anyway.
This downtime will let anything settle if it was from the substrate. And it is is NOT from the substrate we pick up where we left off..
+1 it doesnt seem to be dire, i bet its fine in the morning

nuro

Originally Posted by sharkbait09
http:///forum/post/3088371
hi,
i dont know what happend but heres the story..
i did a wc 3 days ago then after the wc i left for 3 days my parents took care of the tank when i got back its really cloudy my first intention was anothe wc i did a 5 gallon and its worse!!!!!!!
i have no clue what went wrong or what to do. usually it is a lil fuzzy after a wc but it clears up right away? please help me what to do what could have happend?
thankyou soo much!!!!
thats what lead me to think substrate, that and ive totally done that myself, but im wrogn alot :)

reefforbrains

It's one of the reasons I asked for a pic. It was one of my first thoughts too but the substrate is fairly heavy crushed coral, not sand. The tank looks like someone has been gravel vacuming it and cleaning any sign of ruble or ground litter that accumulates in our tanks.
Common for newer hobbiests to overclean and wind up creating the environment for the bacteria to go wild and outpace the normal biological proccess, creating a bloom.
Add tapwater to the recipe and it is making more sense to me that it is a bloom.
-No particulate seen by the eye.
-No rubble, too clean of a bed. (unless age of tank is being fudged.)
-Tap water
-Large substrate, not sand in picture. If it was from substrate it would not stay suspended for 3 days.
We will know more tomorrow....as the saga continues.....

meowzer

Did you mix your water last night? You need to do a major w/c....and add water SLOWLY...(LOL) Also do you have any prime or amquel+...ONLY to use to detoxify the ammonia if the w/c does not help....you may have to do a few w/c's...so get water prepared...