One Year Anniversary!!!

tugglife2

Those pictures are great. Very awesome tank.
One question though. You don't/haven't had any trouble with algae with your tank nearby that window?

azfishgal

Originally Posted by iyachtuxivm
http:///forum/post/2525512
Wow looks great. After reading the cardinal thread im reading all of em
! Looking for the sequal or will it be a trilogy.

I think I'm done for a while. I'm going back to school, so I'm going to be to busy to start up another project.
Originally Posted by sk8shorty01
Looks great azfishgal! Well now you have passed the 12 month hump and now you are never allowed to make a mistake in marine husbandry again. You are a seasoned vet and have to be perfect from here on out LOL... Keep up the good work and lets hope to see another one of these posts in a year!
Oh, no pressure.

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
Congrats on the 1 year mark!!
What happened that caused you to tape your tank?
Tape? Not sure what you are looking at. Tank is in perfect condition.
Well.....except for the scratch in the middle of my tank from the first day.

Originally Posted by TuggLife2

Those pictures are great. Very awesome tank.
One question though. You don't/haven't had any trouble with algae with your tank nearby that window?
Not really. Every now and again I'll get the red slime, but I'm able to control it. I have to scrap the green algea off the glass in the corners that the mag float is not able to get to, but that is not very often. Usually I have those blinds closed anyway. I just opened them up so you cans see the stand.
Originally Posted by Seagoblin333

BANGAII
Thanks

joyfnp

Hi,
I just bought a Nikon D40X, and don't know how to use it very well, either. Do you have a separate flash when you shoot in the tank, or do you use the pop up flash? I bought a series of macro lens filters that thread onto the front of the lens, and I'm assuming that's what you used, too. One thing that I did learn, to my dismay after I had already bought the camera, is that if you want to use different lenses and want the autofocus, you've got to spend the extra money to buy the AF-S lenses. Just any ole Nikon lens mount won't work. BTW, I love the shot of the big coral with a completely black background, very artistic!
Joy

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by azfishgal
http:///forum/post/2526490
Tape? Not sure what you are looking at. Tank is in perfect condition.
Well.....except for the scratch in the middle of my tank from the first day.

the pic which the taped fish on the tank looked like you had wrapped black paper around the tank and I was wondering what happened. I now see that the lights are out
DUHH me :)

azfishgal

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2526851
the pic which the taped fish on the tank looked like you had wrapped black paper around the tank and I was wondering what happened. I now see that the lights are out
DUHH me :)
OK, that makes sense. I was looking at all my pics asking "What?!" The back of the tank is painted black, so yes, when the lights were off it looked like a black box (or wrapped in black tape).

bgrae001

Looking good. I really like the look of the tank with the canopy on it.
I just got back to the states from Germany and I am looking forward to starting my 125g build that I am going to try to make mostly everything. I just started to set up my 54g corner tank and I think that I am going to start a thread on that too, since I'm building a 50 gal sump for it and running the plumbing through the wall into the garage.