Ot: I just had to know

I just had to know, does anybody here believe in ghosts? I found a couple of orbs floating around some of my digital pics the other day... and it spurred the thought of if anybody believes it. I do. :)

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I saw a documentary awhile back that demonstrated that most photographic anomalies are quite explainable---meaning having nothing to do with the paranormal.
:D

sammystingray

Digitals can see things humans can't, so they do pick up alot of things. Ever look at the television remote control through one? You can see the light coming from the remote even though it's invisible normally. I have never seen anything that resembled a ghost/spirit walking the earth. Beth, I think I saw the same program.......

shimmy yaz

I totally believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have messed around with alot of stuff and seen alot of crazy things to make me believe and we have made alot of non-believers think different

E

eight2178

ever hear of "rods"? they're supposedly kinda like little bugs that are always flying around, but they're so fast and small you cant see them with the

[hr]
eye...but they will show up photos and slow motion video...saw a tv show on them once....do a search on 'rods' and see what you come up with....:eek:

Hmmm, I was thinking of all those things except that only three out of ther hundreds of pics I've takenwith this digital have shown up with these orbs. It's strange because my cats have been chasing things lately that I can't see for the life of me, things that seem to go all the way from the floor to the ceiling (they didn't always do this), and I awakened one night to hear these strange tapping sounds that seemed to be coming from the living room or the kitchen. When I got up to see what the cats were in the process of breaking, I found that all three of them were at the foot of the bed. Even weirder, about a month or so ago, when I returned to the apartment from Houston, as I walked past the bathroom heading to the bedroom, the sink water suddenly turned on. I rationalized it as the cats having turned it on, but now I'm not so sure... hmmm.... Here's a couple of my pics.

broomer5

Interesting that you should bring up orbs.
Here's a picture we took clearly showing what people consider an orb.
The digital camera was on a tripod and the flash was used.
Clearly - you can see the orbs.
Even the dog seems to realize something in the room.

broomer5

Camera in same location on tripod several seconds after the first photo was taken.
I made these orbs myself.

broomer5

Last shot
I really made too many orbs in this one.
All I did was took a pinch of buffer powder ( dust ) and tossed it in the air in front of the camera.
I read about this online at a site.
The light of the flash illuminates these white dust particles - but since they are so close to the lens - obviously they're not in focus.
These illuminated dust particles ( depending on the distance from the camera lens ) are often misidentified as "orbs" or ghosts or spirits.
They are dust particles.
Now ........ I never said I didn't believe in spirits or ghosts.
All I'm saying is that I believe that more often .. these small roundish white spheres we see in our pictures are actually just dust particles ~ that happen to be floating in the air ~ and happen to be at the right distance from the lens when the picture is taken ~ and the result appears as they do.
Try it yourself .....
Make yourself some orbs :p