Ot: I just had to know

richard rendos

what is there not to believe in? we live in harmony with our ghosts. they come and go as they please and we leave each other alone for the most part. our ghosts are a little clumsy, though and tend to knock things in our house over. the cat really enjoys them, he sits and stares at them for long periods of time, but doesn't seem frightened or aggitated, just curious.
if you believe in god, you believe in ghosts...am I right? father, son, and Holy _____.

madd catt

Orbs usually show up in graveyards but in other places as well also something called spikes which look like bolts whether they are a electromagnetic anomoly or a {species} of some sort is not known,well there is theories on such matters but dont know if there is generally one that they go by.As for ghosts well they again could be some sort of magnetic collection the recording of the past sort of like how a vcr records data on magnetic tape a recording of the past as opposed to a true haunting which may be a real ghost or not as one of the photos here that was shown in someones living room looks like it snowing instead.Somethings may just be natural instead of ghosts but which mostly humans cant tell but cats they seem to be a very sensitive species.As for rods they are supposed to look like centipeids very long type insects that hang around power lines it seems.There are many hauntings in cemetarys and certain areas or land parts that have not been dismised as fruedulent or cant be explained.

I checked my email a few days ago and saw these pics of ghost that where really freaky and cool, I deleted it because Im going out of space in the hotmail!

Something weird, my apartment is located near three graveyards (thanks to the 1900 hurricane), and Galveston is apparently one of the more haunted cities boasting what some people call the single most haunted area in America. Thankfully, that one area of Galveston is not where I live! Apparently, after the hurricane, great masses of bodies were burned there and it is not uncommon for any person who buys in old shop in the area to renovate and find a body or more in the walls. Also, one of the apartments in this city (no one will tell me which one :mad: ), was built on top of a graveyard. There are graveyards everywhere in this city, you can't go anywhere and not pass one up. Even better, there have been reports of people who stroll the beach late at night and see images of dead bodies washing up on the shores (this is something that really happened after the hurricane took many peoples' bodies out to sea and then they were returned in large numbers in the following weeks). Of course, I had no idea that this city was haunted when I moved down here! :eek:

josh

It sounds like someone has been listening to Coast to Coast a little too much, George Norre has a fetish for orbs.
Speaking of George, he is from STL... it's kinda weird to here him do matress commercials and then turn around and do the freak show coast to coast.

entice59

i went drinking with a couple of friends and we were pretty wasted, i got tons of this "orb" things when i got the lense dirty, well i think my friend didnt listen to me when i said dont touch the lense. But now i do notice that when i take more then one picture its in different areas or theres none in some pictures when i take it the same day.... strange.... sometimes when out of focus and sometimes when in focus but most of the times i get the orbs, it wasnt me taking the picture... Geez what a creepy topic:eek:
2 pictures, taking two different pictures less then a minute apart, taken by me at a friends house

goldrush

I used to believe in ghosts when I was 5 or 6 years old. Then one night the tooth fairy told me there was no such thing.

S

simm

Jillian more than likely your seeing what appears to be dust particles inside your lense. However from that first pic you posted I see a possesed cat in a laundry basket. :D

My question is: if it's dust in side the lens, then how come they're not in most pictures, only every 1 in ten or so, and how come whent hey are in pictures, they're in different places? I sent these pictures to a few different places that deal in hte paranormal, all of them said it looked like actual orbs rathar than just dust, and one offered to make a free examination of my apartment. I told him it was a nice offer, but whatever spirit we have is benevolent and I feel no reason to try to contact it unless it actively tries to contact us.

S

simm

Hrmmph... Not sure then if its in several different places. Only other thing is its capturing light from somewhere in the house. As said.. unless you wake up on an examination table I wouldnt worry about it. hehe That cat pic really looks hillarious. :D

S

simm

This one. Hes YOUR PROBLEM!!! He is HYPNOTIZING YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL :eek:
The Cat From OuterSpace. That was a great movie!!

entice59

i think its because of dust in the air, like broomer said. well, its something i want to believe:D, everyone has it, theres no reason why theres ghosts roaming everywhere... or is there:eek:

madd catt

Dust particals would show up differently than orbs most likely smaller and not so transparent the orbs seem to be larger or more round in shape.Of course with computer technology increasing as graphic chips get better with textures and lighting effects any thing can done almost some of these effects may even been done with the older amiga computers with that being said again not everything is faked or done with computer wizardry.orbs have shown up in differant places not just cemetarys or graveyards. And than there are those spike things too.

broomer5

I'd like to see an orb that was taken with a camera ... "without" the flash being used.
Dust floating around the room or outdoors - if the dust particle is the right "distance" from the lens - will be lighted by the flash.
Since it's not the subject being focused upon - it appears as a round lightly colored ( gray-white ) sphere.
The reason you see them in different parts of the picture, is because dust floats around. It's not static. It's not attached to the lens.
It's dust in the room.
I took some powdered Seachem buffer. Same stuff we use in our tanks.
Camera on tripod.
Timer set.
Flash on.
Right before the shutter ( digital camera ) was opened - I swished this dust ( buffer powder ) in front of the camera.
Obviously - it's very white - because I used buffer .. not dust.
Also ... I used way too much as you can see from the pics.
My point is .... there are times when these "orb" looking things "could" be ( are in my mind ) just dust particles.
If you do not use the flash - then these dust particles are not illuminated - therefore they do not appear as spheres.
The camera "sees" right past them - they are tiny dust bits.
But ... if you fire a high intensity light like a camera flash - these tiny specs that are floating in the air will certainly apprear as "orbs"
I'm much more comfortable doing the experiment at home myself, seeing the results, and coming to the conclusion that it's dust ....... than I am believing that these are ghosts.
I don't buy the "orbs" are ghosts .... yet.
I need better proof.

tahoe ocean

I do believe in spooks I do I do! (the cowardly lion)
but I asked my 3 yr old and she said ghosts are good to scare away monsters
I have to believe in ghosts.