OT: My New (used) Car

J21,
Unfortunately the easiest place to find the minor cosmetics is at the dealer. I know I know....."Not the Dealer". They will at least be able to get the parts. They won't have them on hand, but they can get them, and they will look like brand new. If you don't want to do that, check the classifieds at www.mr2.com There's a lot of guys parting out all years of MR2's on there, cheap. Just remember yours is a MKI (make 1) and you'll be alot better off looking for parts. If you need help locating something in particular, e-mail me, and I'll see what I can come up with.
And by the way, the plastic around the door handle (inside), is part of the door handle it's self. It's not available seperate. As for the resevior cap, it comes as an assembly (cap, and hoses). If I remember right, it's around $25 at the dealer, dut it comes with alot of hose.

fishtails

And what about those Nissan Skyline's that could whoop any(yes,I can back that up) "muscle" cars butt.So can a Toyota Supra,Mazda Rx-7(3rd Gen) and a Nissan Silvia,all stock. Skyline has 280hp,twin turbo's,lotsa torque, and if you adjust the boost you can have it running in the high 300's for hp. Supra's come with 280 stock,but I don't know much on them,basically cause I'm not a Supra "addict".Rx-7(My favorite) are rotary engined powered(small as crap) and still push 280 horses,even though their torque is low, they'd out accelerate a "muscle" in a heart beat. Now on to the Silvia,you may not have heard of it(its only in Japan) but its fast as ****, and has the accleration,power,and speed to prove it. Don't hate on imports because they can whoop a "muscle"car and you all know it(I'm talking closencomparions,not gto vs. civic,as a matter of fact civics stink to me,unless it was the last JDM car I could get)But I love rice burna's and American's,but I like JDM's more(ALOT). Do't hate on rice burna's cause they are from Japan(I know that's the main reason)but what fun do you get out of a clickity-clank sound from a metal car(their exhast are ugly,loud and *****)Put it like this a Skylinevs. a Vette(both stock)on a 1/4 strip,the Skyline would smoke(SMOKE) the Vette.I have too much to say so this is all..

plum70rt

Again good luck with the car looks great but,Being a long time Muscle car fan, I must reply, Its not about going the fastest ,
its, how you go fast, Big blocks and high HP, 500+ ft lbs of torque, Old muscle cars had bad , Handling, brakes,weighed 3800lbs+ its old technolgy,really no technolgy,
Its about style, A feeling of power you dont get in a rice burner Nothing wrong with Imports, if you like the lawnmower sound compared to throaty cams and dual exhuast, just does not compare,110 octane and big blocks forever,:)

tangman99

Fishtails, I agree with Jamesurq. I don't think anyone was saying anything bad about ricers including myself. There are some really cool ones in my city and I know several tuners that build these things. One has a Supra which turns low 12's, and Eclipse that turns high 12's and an NSX that is estimated to run low 12's. He has put a ton of money into each one to get it where it is with huge aftermarket turbos. The NSX was pretty bad by itself but did get a little work.
Without starting a flame war (I'm here to have fun like everyone else) I have to respectfully disagree with you on the Supra, RX-7s and Skyline smoking a Vette if we are talking stock for both. I know there are some that will haul @$$, but they are not stock. I grew up around the Gainsville Gatornationals and have spent many a Saturday night at the races both racing and watching. I have never seen a Skyline GT-R, but it sounded interesting. The average 1/4 mile times I could find for it was 13.7 to 14.0. Respectable, but not smoking a stock Corvette which is around 13.1 or around 12.5 if we are talking Z-06.
I've seen a ton of Supras run and the stock turbos were usually around mid to high 13's. RX-7s were low to mid 14's. I've also seen Supras and RX-7 turn low 11's so it all depends on what you want to invest. I had a Trans Am WS-6 that I raced there many times. It was a mid to high 13 second car and we had a lot of fun poking at each other from each side. With the Supra's it usually came down to who jumped first.
As I said, I'm not trying to start a debate as I love all cars. The Supra's rock and are a beautiful car as are many others. I even know a turner that just bought a new Ford Focus SVT and by the weekend had it running low 11's with some goodies.
Have fun everyone.

tpuffer

Well, Heck!
An GSX Eclipse will take it!
I promise ya, I know for a fact I have one. And I drag race it.

fishtails

Here's some specs from the people who legalize and get those Skylines here.(Motorex)Btw,that's normal boost,I've heard with higher psi, it can run mid-high 300's in h,but your engine would wear out quicker. Plus you have to think,thats a V-8,this is a V-6,it would definately smoke any American V-6.Put a V-8 in a rice burna, and you'd be pushing hp in the 300's to 400's. Do you hate rice burna's because they've smoked the piss out of your "muscle" car,or because they look better?
R33 specifications as tested by Car and Driver December 1995
R34 Specifications as tested by Road and Track February 1999
R33
Horsepower 276 bhp @ 6800 rpm
Torque 271 lb-ft @ 4400 rpm
Acceleration
0-40 mph 2.7
0-60 mph 5.3
0-80 mph 9.1
0-100 mph 12.9
0-1320 ft (1/4 mile) 14.0 @ 104 mph
Braking
From 70 mph 159 ft
Handling
300 ft skidpad 0.94 g
******** Noise
Idle in neutral 47 dBA
Full throttle acceleration 81 dBA
70 mph cruising 72 dBA
70 mph coasting 71 dBA
R34
Horsepower 277 bhp @ 6800 rpm
Torque 293 lb-ft @ 4400 rpm
Acceleration
0-40 mph 2.7
0-60 mph 5.2
0-80 mph 8.7
0-100 mph 13.0
0-1320 ft (1/4 mile) 13.7 @ 103.5 mph
Braking
From 60 mph 120 ft
From 80 mph 204 ft
Handling
200 ft skidpad 0.89 g
700 ft slalom 60.8 mph
Fuel Economy
Normal Driving 22.8 mpg
******** Noise
Idle in neutral 52 dBA
Maximum 1st gear 78 dBA
70 mph 76 dBA

tangman99

Fishtails,
I agree, those are very impressive numbers for a V-6. Heck, their impressive numbers for a V-8. There are only a handful of V-8's that will run 14 flat. I saw some pictures of it on a web site and it is a very nice looking car.
I assume the comment about hating rice burners is for someone else as I've made it pretty clear I like all cars. We have all types including imports in our car club and we all love checking out each other cars. It's the personal touches that make us proud of our cars and love to show them off no matter what we drive. My son absolutely loves the import cars and he can't make up his mind which one he wants to build when he gets his license in 2 years.
Tangman

plum70rt

13.38 at 105.5 30 year old technolgy, no ones smoking anything:p as far as looks go no caparision:p , the best is the price, who wants jap crap no one :p , go look back a few post and look at the price a hemicuda convert goes for, I know as a fact it sold already:p

j21kickster

cmmon plum- my cars an import- but it isnt a rice burner either- just a nice sports car- before i bought this i was looking at an 86 firebird but- there were too many problems with it- i love high HP but if it comes at the cost of frequent repair, i see no point, well if i had the money- but i would say hands down most imports are built better and last longer than most american cars. however there exceptions but that is usually the case.

plum70rt

Kickster, As I said before, I like your car Its very Nice,Not implying that any imports are not good, I love all cars of all types, I have owned toyotas too, that will work out to be a great car for you Im sure Muscle cars are not practical at all,No comparsion,just sticking up for the Old Muscle Cars Thats All:)
Sorry if my post sounded a little flaming,
Im going to go out now, and rip a long, deep, dark,posi burnout so I will feel better:D