Other Expensive hobbies?

dem3rd

What are your other expensive hobbies? Myself! I am into motorcycles and tatts.. I have a custom Big Dog motorcycle called a Ridgeback its about 30K and a few K's in tatoos. Whats your other big money (or not) hobbies?

nvmycj

Marriage.......Gosh by now it's cost me probably gazillion, trillion, billion dollars......... and worth every penny!

autofreak44

nitro -- cars... thats why i got out of that hobby and into this one... just got my truck running this weekend... its not idling and i stripped a wheel hex... all fixable problems of course they cost MONEY... which i DONT HAVE lol
plus i need to buy all new batteries for everything, buy new pistions and install them on my other truck, new crystals... the list goes on... i could go blow 400$ on something that will break again or i could spend 400$ on coral and a new tank which will grow and in the long run be cheaper
here are a few pix of my cars back in the day

thats a team losi lst... does about 50mph if you gear it right and will tow a cinderblock if you gear it right...

reefkprz

my girlfriend and I collect and rescue (the rescues are the expensive ones they ususally need special care vet visits etcetera) reptiles, birds, and exotic mammals. (also have 13 cats and three dogs) oh 2 freshwater fish tanks too. they all kind of fall under the same hobby though, living things.

hobbes

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
my girlfriend and I collect and rescue (the rescues are the expensive ones they ususally need special care vet visits etcetera) reptiles, birds, and exotic mammals. (also have 13 cats and three dogs) oh 2 freshwater fish tanks too. they all kind of fall under the same hobby though, living things.

That is quite the collection of animals you have there.
My other expensive hobby would have to be my 1968 Ford Bronco. Both the saltwater and Bronco hobbies are a lot of fun but can really hurt the ol' pocketbook.

kidreef

Originally Posted by autofreak44
nitro -- cars... thats why i got out of that hobby and into this one... just got my truck running this weekend... its not idling and i stripped a wheel hex... all fixable problems of course they cost MONEY... which i DONT HAVE lol
plus i need to buy all new batteries for everything, buy new pistions and install them on my other truck, new crystals... the list goes on... i could go blow 400$ on something that will break again or i could spend 400$ on coral and a new tank which will grow and in the long run be cheaper
here are a few pix of my cars back in the day

thats a team losi lst... does about 50mph if you gear it right and will tow a cinderblock if you gear it right...
yeah i have a nitro car to but when i was drfting with i managed to strip a gear and some where in process off fixing something went teribly wrong with the wiring and the reciver
it sucked

ghola5

that is sooo nice to save those animals!! I have been saving animals since i was little but man it does cost alot if u seen my post a few months ago my cat got sick and costed 800 that week for her care, I cant even think of how much you have probably spent. I love all animals and im really happy to see others who care for homeless and unwanted animals.

autofreak44

Originally Posted by kidreef
yeah i have a nitro car to but when i was drfting with i managed to strip a gear and some where in process off fixing something went teribly wrong with the wiring and the reciver
it sucked
if only you lived around here i could help you out... everywhere around here charges you about 20$ just to diagnose a problem... i had to learn everything my self lol
what kind of car you have?

reefraff

If you think Marriage is expensive pray you never have to experiment with divorce

I sorta collect guns,not cheap even collecting non collectable pieces.

mimzy

yoga is pretty expensive. 100$ a month for classes and I just dropped &150 on a new mat bag. It's a sweeeeeet and gorgeous bag, but that's not cheap.

appaloosa1

Horses. Just to keep him costs about $300+ each month, plus $180+ in lessons, and shows can run $50 up to several hundred. We are going to nationals next week which cost nearly $1000 in just entries! We paid $8500 for my guy, and he was pretty much untrained in dressage, just knew absolute basics. Yeah, its pretty expensive and there is no way I could afford it if it wasn't for my parents.

babyb

mudding, its insane crazy how fast a car can get tore up in the mud, my boyfriend go whenever it rains up until recent , the last time we went we hit a hole that someone had got stuck in and dug out and it broke a crossmember thing in the frount it can be driveing but only in reverse for now,
but my other one is horses, i have 4 draft horses, you know the big'ins, like the bud. horses