Our Future?

firefish9

Is anybody else watching Earth 2100 right now,it is very saddening and scary.
Global warming is scaring the crap out of me.

What are ur thoughts on this subject?

mike22cha

I think global warming is a issue that needs taking care of. We have a responsibility to take care of our planet. I also think that it is being over exagerated and not 100% correct. People need to stop worrying about the future asw much and spend the time that we got to the fullest.

firefish9

I think we should stop it now while we have the chance.If people dont exagerate things nowbody would take action. That movie THE INCONVEINENT TRUTH is also scaring me.

firefish9

When it snows like crazy here in the US. The farming industry will be devestated. Spring starts on what March 21 or 22 and Here In New england Just stopped snowing. The maple farmers In vermot Made less then half of their Quota. Because if you tap to early or to late in the spring it will not work right or something. Most of them tapped to early or to late, some of them are out of jobs now
If this keeps happening then its predictied that The US and Centrel america may be added to the list of the hungry. Cause the Caps are melting all of the climates are changing. What will we do when we run out of oil something which is predictided to happen in the next 50yrs. Maybe its time will stop taking our chances. Al Gores not just saying this to the worlds and our countries top scientists are saying this.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I guess I will finish reading that thread Jovial

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by firefish9
When it snows like crazy here in the US. The farming industry will be devestated. Spring starts on what March 21 or 22 and Here In New england Just stopped snowing. The maple farmers In vermot Made less then half of their Quota. Because if you tap to early or to late in the spring it will not work right or something. Most of them tapped to early or to late, some of them are out of jobs now
If this keeps happening then its predictied that The US and Centrel america may be added to the list of the hungry. Cause the Caps are melting all of the climates are changing. What will we do when we run out of oil something which is predictided to happen in the next 50yrs. Maybe its time will stop taking our chances. Al Gores not just saying this to the worlds and our countries top scientists are saying this.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I guess I will finish reading that thread Jovial
sad sad things, tho now there will be fact to a penguin getting sunburn when antarctica turns into a tropical area

firefish9

It would drown first.
They say Maldives will sink in 100 yrs
In the next 100 yrs The US will lose 10 million people on the coast lines
Indoneisha will lose 30 million. And The Amazon will disapeer.

mike22cha

The penguins would already be sunburned if they could. Snow reflects the sun and gives you a greater chance of being sunburned. Predictions of an exact dates have almost always been false. I'm all for Al Gore but can't predict an exact date. Ever heard when the Christians in America got an exact date when Jesus would come again and left there crops and gathered for His coming. I'm a Christian so I'm not downing Christianity but this proves you can't predict an exact date. Christians thought that Jesus would also come again on New Years 2000. I feel that we should try to prevent global warming because we want to take care of this beautiful world and not because it is the end of the world.

firefish9

I agree we should stop Global warming whether the world is ending or not. I am going to belive these predictions and theroy. And alot of these predictions are coming true. Heres an example... In 2004 a group of scientists and a machine predictided that a hurracaine would hit Brazil. This had never happened before because Brazil was outside of the hurriacaine area so everyone ignored it. And the hurricaine came....

mike22cha

Okay yes I believe that and the Bible has many instences of predictions and warning that people did not believe and later paid consequences. I don't think global warming is not an issue, I just hate when people go around crying it is the end of the world. It may be but it really discredits the person or group being represented. The Baptist Church goes around telling people they are going to burn in hell for not accepting Christ. This may be true, only God can be the judge, but many people think lowly of the Church because of this.

reefreak29

sorry i dont buy global warming , and theres no census in science in fact some scientists now think were cooling and not warming. i do believe that the sun is getting hotter and thats why were seeing a change just like on mars.look the dems are really good at getting money and popularity by useing scare tactics and its working if the planet couldnt handle are emmisions then trees wouldnt of been made to throw out the same toxins .dont buy it one bit

firefish9

We're cooler and warmer though arn't we Europe and N. America gets hotter Africa Gets cooler.
I do to/ but what if there not tactics?What if for once some are telling the truth.

mike22cha

I don't understand what your saying. Clarification? I'm interested in seeing where you find Africa geting cooler.

firefish9

I heard that Africas northern heat is moving north to southern europe. I don't entirely trust this though it seems a little stupid.

mike22cha

What did ya mean?

It may be the truth. Hopefully we won't find out and global warming won't be an issue in a couple years.

reefreak29

Originally Posted by firefish9
I heard that Africas northern heat is moving north to southern europe. I don't entirely trust this though it seems a little stupid.
by the way go juventus

firefish9

Ya I hope that to
I was not thinking on facts and just on peer speculation when i posted that, that and I'm just a little Grim about the whole thing.