Out with the Hayabusa

crypt keeper

The original stang IMO is the best year ever. They are gorgeous cars. I know a guy who has one with an 08 gt500 cobra motor in it. It has an f1 supercharger. Cars puts out a nice simple 700 hp. LOL. Its insane.

white rabbit

Stick with the 'Busa man. I don't know anyone with the ability to ride a 'Busa to it's full capabilities who then sold it and is now happy. I got my Kaw' up to 180 for three miles and have regretted selling it every spring for the last five years. Any sucker can drive fast but, going elbow down at 145 takes real balls not to mention skill.

pontius

Originally Posted by white rabbit
http:///forum/post/3114224
Any sucker can drive fast but, going elbow down at 145 takes real balls not to mention skill.
it doesn't take balls, it takes stupidity. a guy on a motorcycle passed me today on the highway going AT LEAST 120 MPH. and there was a decent amount of traffic too. he was going between cars that were side by side on the road. one rock, one pothole, one car shifting suddenly would be all it took. he was BEGGING God to kill him. I recently saw autopsy photos of a couple that died on a motorcycle at a NORMAL SPEED. and the photos were NASTY. if that guy today had wrecked, he would've been closed casket.

tangman99

B.S. Busas are for drag racing. They don't make good knee dragging bikes much less elbows. I've seen one Busa on a track with an experienced track rider on it. Between the weight and trying to manage the throttle, he was slow as hell and almost lost it five times in one session. With the Horsepower he is going to get out this bike, it will be one heck of a drag bike if he can get it hooked up. That is what they are built for and what they do best.
If you can drag an elbow at 145, you are a better rider than Ben Spies who's nickname is elbow. You might be better than Valentino Rossi.

tangman99

Originally Posted by Pontius
http:///forum/post/3114245
it doesn't take balls, it takes stupidity. a guy on a motorcycle passed me today on the highway going AT LEAST 120 MPH. and there was a decent amount of traffic too. he was going between cars that were side by side on the road. one rock, one pothole, one car shifting suddenly would be all it took. he was BEGGING God to kill him. I recently saw autopsy photos of a couple that died on a motorcycle at a NORMAL SPEED. and the photos were NASTY. if that guy today had wrecked, he would've been closed casket.
Yeah Pontius, we had a 25 year old kid hit the rear of a semi about 3 weeks ago. Open road, no one around and 3:30am. The FHP officer that investigated it was up at the local dealership asking my buddy about the GSX-R 1000 he was riding and asking him how fast they would go as they estimated he hit it at over 170 mph. Bike exploded on impact. Another EMT friend worked the scene. Won't go into the details at all but it was a closed casket.
Having ridden these things for over 30 years, it's pretty easy to know what happened. Kid was over riding his head lights, closed up to fast, went to pass the semi as he was on a 3 lane interstate to discover that these things don't turn very fast at that speed as the gyroscopic affect of the rotational mass of the wheels spinning that fast try to hold the bike straight up so you can't lean it easily. Drove right into the back of it.

crypt keeper

I dont ride like that anymore. I used too a few years back. Now I just put on my ipod and take it easy. I ride aggressive on back roads. And I can get it to hook. Hooking isnt the issue.

tangman99

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3114342
I dont ride like that anymore. I used too a few years back. Now I just put on my ipod and take it easy. I ride aggressive on back roads. And I can get it to hook. Hooking isnt the issue.
Me too my friend. Getting older has slowed me way down but I never drove aggressive around traffic. There is a time and place. Glad to see you keeping it man and personalizing it. I'd like to try one of those some day just to see what launching one is like. My 1000RR hooked up too well at 160+ HP and a bit over 400 lbs wet. Darn thing would be at 11 o'clock before you knew it and I've almost had to scrub out my pants more than once thinking I had looped it. Launches are still my Achilles heal. I can't wait to see what the -1/+2 gear change I just did with the lightweight 520 chain. Going to be even harder now to keep down but going to a rocket coming out of the mids!

I've got my track weapon all rebuilt and ready to go. I'm going to post up some pictures after this weekend when I get the race scheme decals applied. Here is how she sits right now finished with pure white enamel paint plus a few mods. Sorry if I'm hijacking your thread. Keep the rubber side down crypt keeper!

Vortex rear sets, Titax adjustable levers, Forks work by GMD Computrack, Rear Ohlins Monoshock, Galfer Superbike Breaklines, Galfer 1375 brake pads, EK 520 lightweight race chain, Driven -1/+2 sprockets. Bridgestone BT-003 Racing tires just now importing. ReefForBrains, you have to try these man. They are supposed to be like riding a rail. More stuff coming later.

crypt keeper

Do you do local track days? Around here that thing wouldnt pass tech. Nothing is wired and tied off so no bolts can back out. If i ever did that i would go bankrupt in a year. Id be selling crack on the corner to get the money to go race again. My buddy went 1 time and it was well over $500 for a track rental Minor fun track day. Id have to get different leathers. Gloves over the wrist. Higher boots. It would cost me $1500 just to get any bike I had ready for it. Thats why sold my 1000 and bought the busa. It was a better choice at drag racing.
My two older 1000's before the busa.
04 zx-10. This thing was a monster.

The 07 1000 before and after

tangman99

Nice Liters! Love what you did with the GSX-R. Always wondered what an extended swingarm rides like.
This will be the first time that bike and I will be on a track and I do still need to safety wire it. It was my street bike I totaled last year. The local track I'll be riding for a while does not require it for normal track days but do for any competition runs such as the WERA races they have there. I'll still safety wire the oil plug, filter, oil cap, brakeline banjo bolts and probably the caliper and pinch bolts. I already replaced all the antifreeze with water wetter.
This is the replacement for the now track bike.

salt life

one of my managers got into a bike accident last friday. some 90 year old lady cut him off when she was turning left into the shopping plaza, and he was going 80-100mph straight into her car. CRAZYYYYY.

tangman99

Most motorcycle accidents involving another vehicle is someone turning left in front of you. I cringe every time I see coming towards me with the blinker on.

T

tizzo

Tm, which one used to be the red one? The white or the yellow?
I like the black and yellow color combo by the way.

tangman99

Originally Posted by Tizzo
http:///forum/post/3116590
Tm, which one used to be the red one? The white or the yellow?
I like the black and yellow color combo by the way.

The white one was the red/black one I crashed last year.

Thanks. I love the yellow/black and it is much more visible.

T

tizzo

Gotcha! I wasn't sure if you fixed up the red to go back on the road or to race.
That poor bike is doomed now! Now it's made... DESIGNED to fall over.

well I just hope you suck at racing and it never gets a chance to get laid down.

tangman99

Originally Posted by Tizzo
http:///forum/post/3116620
Gotcha! I wasn't sure if you fixed up the red to go back on the road or to race.
That poor bike is doomed now! Now it's made... DESIGNED to fall over.

well I just hope you suck at racing and it never gets a chance to get laid down.

Oh, it's going down at some point or I wouldn't be having any fun. I'll take low sides all day long. It's those darn high sides I don't want any part of. My crash started as a low side until the rear tire caught and BAM! high side into the guard rail.

tangman99

Heck yeah! I love crash videos. No cheese grater for me. I was wearing full race leathers at the time. I just had impact injuries but walked away. Loaded up the bike and drove home 8 hours and made it to the emergency room about 12 hours later to get my broken collar bone xrayed. I knew it was broke when I stood up as I've broken it before and knew they would just sling it so I did that myself. Got some great pain

[hr]
out of the deal though.

dragonzim

Originally Posted by Salt Life
http:///forum/post/3116377
one of my managers got into a bike accident last friday. some 90 year old lady cut him off when she was turning left into the shopping plaza, and he was going 80-100mph straight into her car. CRAZYYYYY.
If he was going that fast on a busy road with shopping centers he deserved what he got.