Parasitic worms

tax lady

I have two clowns in my 24 gallon aquapod. On of them seems to be scraping the side of the tank somewhat, but that did not concern me since it was just every now and then,.. Can't see anything on them though. I have seen a couple of worms in or crawling on the rocks. One is very small, stringy,and white. The other I just saw tonight is weird.. Sort of light purple with loads of legs on both sides. Both of them were crawling in and out of the rock. Are these good or bad worms? My camera is not good enough to take pics.
Thanks for any info.

deete

Great information. How common is this? The pictures are scary lol. I've kept a tank for about two years and haven't come across this.

deete

Great information. How common are worms? The pictures are scary lol. I've kept a tank for about two years and haven't come across this.

charlie89

i just bought a sixline wrasse about 3 days ago and it died today? all of my other fish that i nought are fine...so far.. the sixlines sides are red like it rubbed against something? what could have caused this? im clueless. i also had a little chromis in the tank that dies from the same thing, so i think that was about 2 weeks ago.
if anyone has any idea please feel free to email me at charliebuttefly@hotmail.com

lxxnp1234

Originally Posted by charlie89
http:///forum/post/3176179
i just bought a sixline wrasse about 3 days ago and it died today? all of my other fish that i nought are fine...so far.. the sixlines sides are red like it rubbed against something? what could have caused this? im clueless. i also had a little chromis in the tank that dies from the same thing, so i think that was about 2 weeks ago.
if anyone has any idea please feel free to email me at charliebuttefly@hotmail.com

I bought the sixline twice and they all died about 1 month after I bought. All the other fish and coral are very happy in my tank. Finally, I find two reasons.
1. The size of the tank. My tank is 14g. it's too small for these guys. They like swimming.
2. the Worms. They like eating worms in the tank, but if the worm is too big.......

Hope that help.

hunt

bristle worms are pretty commen. also you can make a trap for them out of a peice of pvc pipe

nuge

sorry to hijack but im new here and trying to start a new thread and for some reason I cant and its very frusterating. I go to post new thread and it brings me to a blank page and I cant post anything

meowzer

Originally Posted by nuge
http:///forum/post/3249824
sorry to hijack but im new here and trying to start a new thread and for some reason I cant and its very frusterating. I go to post new thread and it brings me to a blank page and I cant post anything
What worked for me was downloading firefox.....I really don't know why it works with Internet Explorer for some but not all