Patrick's 10 gal. nano diary :)

patrick8929

Originally Posted by 1990jpyj
http:///forum/post/2828575
i have always bought mine and used it as i need it. i keep mine in a 5g bucket. they work the best for me. i just bought a cheapo power head and a small heater and put it in a day before i really needed it. but if you are using it for just top off's shouldn't it just be fresh water??? otherwise your SG will get to high. i have 2 5g buckets full of RO salt water and 1 5g eazy pour container of RO FW for my daily top offs- i dont heat that cuzz i only use a little each day so i see no reason.
okay so i can keep it until i nee it just make sure to put a power head in there 24 hours before hand. and yes i just use fresh RO water in for top-offs. i am talking about water changes. i am just trying to get into a good fast rhythm of water changes.

nissan577

perfect! i might get the lights today! 130watts baby! and 4 moonlights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nissan577

lol. yea! well my dad said hes gonna buy it for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol. in 2- 3 days hes gonna order it for me! since we just sold the spoiler of my car. the guy has to come pick it up. and once he does its mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my corals are gonna be soooooooooooooooooo happy!
130watts

patrick8929

very nice man!! cant wait to see it!!!!! it will really give your tank some good colors!
but are you really set on the pc lighting?

nissan577

yea. its 2 65watt pcs. 1 10k daylight, 1 true actinic. and 4 duals moonlights. i would get t5 but to much. and MHs i will get later on.

nissan577

these im getting them for 80 bucks. not the one i showed you. there other ones. i saw some t5 but they were for 150 or more. and if its for that much i will rather buy the Metal halides

patrick8929

well i think mh are even more than that. but im saying why buy these and then buy more later why not just buy one thing for ever?

nissan577

thing is im looking for a job. once i get a job i will buy my MHs and another nano tank!
lol. plus my dad is buying the lights for me