Patrick's 10 gal. nano diary :)

1990jpyj

iv got the water done. im gonna put the rock in my 55g until i need it the 20g i want to have set up asap. the 10g i can wait on.
it will be live rock first then the sand

1990jpyj

yea i got a real nice one that i use for my 55g so i figure i will use that kit instead of buying a new one. slow and steady is the only way i will go, after spending almost $200 in one day on fish tanks i can now take it slow at least for a month

1990jpyj

of course. i am taking some now. i figured i would wait until i have water and rock in the tank before i post up a thread on the build

1990jpyj

hopefully i can get water in her tomorrow. i had to do some last minute painting. missed a small spot that was very noticable
. so it might take a little longer.
what did you use to seed the sand that you ahve in your tank?
the only thing i could seed with at the moment would be some CC and i dont know if that is good enough to make my sand live. anybody got any tips, or local enough to give me a small cup of there sand

thanks

patrick8929

i didnt do anything i just put the sand and live rock in there and just let it do its thing. it will get stuff in it over time from the live rock and such

patrick8929

im sure it will be fine i mean its just rock...? right how bad off could you be? just dont do it to much and then have really small rocks.

1990jpyj

i think it should be fine cuz it will give the sand a little more texture. it will only be a cup of Crushed Coral. so it wount be to bad. the CC in my 55g has alot of stuff growing in it(lots of feather dusters n such) so i think that is what i really need