Patrick's 10 gal. nano diary :)

my fellow college tank mover, i want updates! My tanks doing great but i have to go back to school soon, im already getting nervous about the move. Let me know how everything is

star27624

anything new going on patrick? wondering since haven't heard from you in a while. know the semester has just gotten started and it is always hectic the first few weeks. let us know what's happening and post some new pics.

patrick8929

sorry everyone i have been busy with school and just life in general. i am joining a frat. this semester and i have been busy with that along with school work. my tank never moved back with me. it is sitting at home i just come back on the weekends and do a water change and some cleaning. my mom tops the water off during the week. so i never got anything new. the tank is doing good tho. the yellow pollyps are not doing good at all but they are just kind of hangin in there i just dont have time to really get into it and keep it going really nice.

patrick8929

hey everyone, its been a while sense i have been on here, my tank is doing okay i guess. my coral died. its at home and i am at school so its hard for to keep up with it like i should. but im getting a good amount of money back from taxes so i will be getting a new filter and some other cosmetics to get it in tip-top shape. i have no fish and i have 3 snails. the water is crystal clear and there has been no algae growth.
the lights are still looking great like they did on day one and hopefully i will get some goodies here in a few weeks. i do have one problem tho.... i now have no salt water store. none. the only one left is a decent one that im not to sure about, and its 30 minutes away.

patrick8929

haha thanks nano im still alive just been busy.
ocyoo- im not really for sure i have never really had luck with fish, no matter what fish it is i just cant seem to keep them hardy, and now that i dont have a reliable fish store within reasonable driving distance i dont know if i will be getting any new live stock any time soon.
i would love a pair of clowns with an anemone but its just too small of a tank. and i dont really want a pair of clowns without the nem. so im open for suggestions really. something not so common would be appealing

nissan577

hey bro welcome back!
you can go with clown goby, firefish, scooter! lol i love thos and um a clown!
just check out the lfs you have there and ask them questions adn see how it goes

patrick8929

Originally Posted by nissan577
http:///forum/post/3030998
hey bro welcome back!
you can go with clown goby, firefish, scooter! lol i love thos and um a clown!
just check out the lfs you have there and ask them questions adn see how it goes
thanks man but i dont have an lfs any more!

patrick8929

is there any other clown that i can get thats not a false perc or true perc, thats more hardy and cool looking, and small enough for a 10 gallon. im thinkin one display fish and a shrimp goby combo

patrick8929

Originally Posted by WorrBaller
http:///forum/post/3031203
Saddle back clown. Cool little fish and you don't see them that often surprisingly.
cool thanks for the suggestion, any one order fish from this site? i know its a great site and all but it seems like a risk to ship a fish no matter how good the person is shipping it.

premilove

you ever hear of sanjays hybrid onyx clowns?

i have a picasso and he has been through the worst situations possible and still lives. imo i think the majority of clowns are hardy given decent water conditions..