Patrick's 10 gal. nano diary :)

patrick8929

thanks you! : ) i am worried about something coming up in the near future tho. my family including me is going on a trip from the 20th to the 28th. my lights are on a timer so im not worried about that but what if something goes wrong? and i dont have someone to look after the tank while we are gone. im really worried about this.

meowzer

I would be worried about top off most of all.....No neighbor that can put some ro water in every couple of days for you??

patrick8929

i can ask a couple of my neighbors and see if someone can do that, its kind of one of those things where its my baby and i dont trust anyone else to take care of it like i would
but i guess i wil just have to put some trust in my neighbor

worrballer

'Scape looks incredible. A million times better!
One top off option I have been thinking about doing myself is to take one of those water containers you put in your fridge and make that an ATO.
It has a big lid on top and a valve to get the water on the bottom. My idea would be to hook up a hose to the end then keep the valve all the way open somehow. Take the other end of the hose and put it like 1/2" below your normal water line.
The key would be to make sure the container is air tight. It would work like the arrowhead water dispensers. I haven't tried it yet but it's an easy idea to try.

patrick8929

Originally Posted by WorrBaller
http:///forum/post/3081728
'Scape looks incredible. A million times better!
One top off option I have been thinking about doing myself is to take one of those water containers you put in your fridge and make that an ATO.
It has a big lid on top and a valve to get the water on the bottom. My idea would be to hook up a hose to the end then keep the valve all the way open somehow. Take the other end of the hose and put it like 1/2" below your normal water line.
The key would be to make sure the container is air tight. It would work like the arrowhead water dispensers. I haven't tried it yet but it's an easy idea to try.
thanks!! i was hoping you would get to my thread before i went to bed lol. i really like it and thanks for talking me into it lol. also, do you have a diagram of this top off idea you have? can you draw something out in paint?

worrballer

The lid needs to be air tight
The valve should be open
The tube in the tank should be fixed
The reservoir needs to be elevated above the tank
Obviously test this out, it was just an idea I had and I haven't worked out any bugs it might have.

greenreefer

the tank and aquascape look great.
buy an aqualifter and a timer, put a 5 gallon bucket with RO water on the floor next to the tank and set the timer for 15 minutes each day (you'll have to test out how much time works for your evap). ato for under 20 bucks! you can make it prettier later but this will allow you to go out of town at least.

patrick8929

so i was looking at my tank and i noticed my peppermint shrimp does have eggs any more! did she lay them on a rock somewhere? did they hatch last night? i know i will never see any of the babies because of my fish and powerheads but i was just wondering what she would have done with them

meowzer

They hatch live...more than likely they were very tasty food for your other fish..LOL
When mine hatch they are gone fairly quick....