Patrick's 10 gal. nano diary :)

N

nemo_66

your damsel needs to take a chill pill. lol. and greenreefers ATO sounds pretty cool. i gotta try that myself.

patrick8929

Originally Posted by Nemo_66
http:///forum/post/3083088
your damsel needs to take a chill pill. lol. and greenreefers ATO sounds pretty cool. i gotta try that myself.
haha he has become a very active fish, he used to be so scared of me but he follows me around the tank to make sure i am always looking at him. and i agree i want to try it out

worrballer

Good choice! I really like mine.
That damsel is perfect for your tank. Great color and activity, I bet he is fun to watch. You can't really appreciate him in the pictures, good video.

dankbardy31

ITs been a while since I checked out your thread. Its all looking good man. SH itty about the leak but at least you got a new one. I like those candy canes, was looking at a few today at my lfs. Got some frogspawn instead. Good luck with everything.

patrick8929

Originally Posted by WorrBaller
http:///forum/post/3083218
Good choice! I really like mine.
That damsel is perfect for your tank. Great color and activity, I bet he is fun to watch. You can't really appreciate him in the pictures, good video.
thanks! yea he really brings more to the table than most people would expect, i mean i could have gotten something nicer and more expensive but why? i think i paid 5 dollars for him? haha so it seems like a good deal to me.

patrick8929

Originally Posted by dankbardy31
http:///forum/post/3083221
ITs been a while since I checked out your thread. Its all looking good man. SH itty about the leak but at least you got a new one. I like those candy canes, was looking at a few today at my lfs. Got some frogspawn instead. Good luck with everything.
thnks! it has been a while, yea the leak was quite a set back, but im movin on no biggy, i have never been a big fan of candy canes but i liked the look of this one and i think if i can get it to really grow out it will look pretty sweet! thanks again
i think my next coral is going to be something with some movement! still deciding my lfs is really pricey if it isnt a frag so we will see

patrick8929

okay so i woke up this morning and my zoas were upside own in the sand
after this amazing new rock work it still sucks. and i have been seeing my peppermint shrimp picking at my mushroom and eagle eyes. wtf. i swear i have the worste luck. so i am going to have to tear apart the rock work any ways.

patrick8929

i am still going to have to take out the peppermint i hate waking up to seeing him over top of my mushroom picking. i dont know if he actually ate anything but i dont want to take any chances

patrick8929

well i ended up tearing apart my tank
i took back the pep. shrimp and the zebra turbo because i think he is the reason for the zoas falling off. i replaced these guys with 3 new snails

[hr]
new livestock list goes like this-
7x assorted snails
1 yellow damsel
2x zoa frags
1 candy cane
1 mushroom
8 lbs live rock

[hr]
so i am going to redo the rocks and i will post pics later

greenreefer

superglue is safe to use, it works best if you pull the rock and coral out of the water for a couple of seconds, glue them, wait a couple more seconds, and then put them back, but if you can't remove the rock then pull the coral out, glue the under side, then stick the coral and the glue underwater by the rock and squeeze some glue on the rock, then press the glue on the coral to the glue on the rock and hold for 20 seconds.

patrick8929

okay got it thanks. i actually have an even better set up now. more shelf space and i dont have that big A** turbo snail knocking stuff over along with the pep shrimp eating stuff. but i will probably glue some stuff before i go to school next month