peppermint shrimp missing

tirtza

Very true! My skunk cleaner shrimp (or Pepe as I call him) rushes up to the top when its feeding time. He's not afraid to be fed by the tongs I use. He can't stay away from my hand if its in the tank either. I've been suctioning out some cyano with a turkey baster and he loves to hang on to my wrist while my hand is in there.

S

siptang

Wow! That's amazing, I hope to form this type of bond with my shrimps later. :)
How do you get them off you btw?

S

siptang

Simple enough lol. I was afraid that I would have had to grab him or something.

tirtza

Yep, just pull your hand out...he does have a strong grip though and can really hang on while my hand is in there....lol

tirtza

So I found 'Pepe' my Skunk Cleaner Shrimp snacking on my little Peppermint Shrimp this evening. The Skunk Cleaner Shrimp is much much bigger then the Peppermint shrimp so I figured that it was just a matter of time. Pepe had already killed two other Peppermint shrimp. The last surviving Peppermint shrimp 'named Chicken' did a pretty good job of hiding over the past couple of months but I think Pepe finally caught up with him :(

S

siptang

Aw man... I have 2 peps in my tank too.. hm...
Nope didn't come to greet my hands when I was cleaning the tank couple of days ago but they did come out now and is running around in the front of the tank which is very cool.

tirtza

Quote:
Aw man... I have 2 peps in my tank too.. hm...
Don't worry, I think the Skunk just attacked the Peppermints because there was a HUGE discrepancy in size. The 3 Peppermint shrimp were only 1/4 the size of my Skunk Cleaner shrimp. It was definitely survival of the fittest!