Pics of my 600 Gallon Being Installed!!!!

frank2005

anyone have any exotic fish or different looking ones ideas...i like bright colorful ones....that are reef safe of course...ive been trying to look around for different ideas for stocking...:)

cain420

is a horseshoe crab reef safe?? cuz ur tank is big enough! that would be sweet! or an octopus?? your options are limitless pal! I would personally have a whole eco-system in there! Enough room for everyone!

cain420

lol i dunno too much about what fish to stock... just know what i would throw in there.. chances are id be puttin alot of fish to their death, seeing as tho i dont know who eats who or what yet LOL! You will get tons of ideas on here.. Too bad you cant use the firehose to fill it!

cain420

Originally Posted by maeistero
congrats!!!
what kind of support system do you have under the floor?
i would agree lol did u add supports?? u dont want that comin thru the floor! it would be a tital wave!

bronco300

goooood night taht is sweet, how in the world did you get that in there???
And zoos, definitely get lots of nice super colored zoos.
if youre getting a reef that is

cain420

Originally Posted by Bronco300
goooood night taht is sweet, how in the world did you get that in there???
And zoos, definitely get lots of nice super colored zoos.
if youre getting a reef that is
they built the house around it.. DUH!

pfitz44

What are you running for lights???
If your interested in cycling with uncured LR, check the doctors site... you can get fugi for $2/lb. I cycled my 30 with that. you can hit me up on aim if you need the website fitznrwch im usually on at night and stuff... cant be on it so much at work anymore....
Beautiful setup.... and its the perfect demintions too.... geez im envious!!! I want one!!! Prob should get a house first, huh??
~Fitzy

frank2005

lol i already have the live rock cycling in (3) 300 gallon tubs in my basement and another (2) 300 gallon tubs filled with ro water ready to be put into the tank as for lighting i have (4) 250 watt Metal Halide / 10,000K bulbs and (2) 440 watt VHO 3 tube / lamps...and your right when you say i built the house around the fish tank because the whole reason for the new addition was so i was able to get a giant fishtank....and the floor is a solid concrete slab so support is not a problem :)

frank2005

hehehe unfortunately not....where you at cain? if you want once i get this up and running you can come and see it :p

pfitz44

nice move with the LR... that way its kinda like instacycle!! youve already got the bacteria!! cool
How long did it take for this dream to become reality??

cain420

in michigan.. hundreds of miles away!

but hey, they might close the detroit zoo, so ill send em ur way!

frank2005

i sort of just woke up one morning and decided i wanted a larger tank then the one i had which is a 150 gallon....so i called up a contractor and had him draw me up plans for a new addition and figured out the size of the tank i wanted and then called todd who was the one who designed the fish tank for me and i had everything ordered within the next 2-3 days and the construction on my house started about a week later...my addition finished up about 3 months ago and obviously my tank just came today so from the time i decided what i wanted to the time i finally got everything was about 5-6 months

bronco300

cain, you can pickj me up and we'll go see the tank, im in Indiana:)
you can send me that tank after you get your 1000+gallon tanks and what not...no objections here

oh, and zoos