Pics of my 600 Gallon Being Installed!!!!

cain420

and if he sells the house, i bet he sells the tank with it! Would take an entire moving crew just for it!

cain420

Originally Posted by Frank2005
i really want an anenome in my tank

u coulda have those in ur fuge its so big! lol
what did u do with the 150??

frank2005

nope the designer of the tank did the plumbing today..now i gotta set up the rest of the tank..and install all the other components

dadummy

a corporate controller for a major family of companies dealing with construction...
I know what i wanna be when i grow up. wait, that's never gonna happen!! grow up i mean
Frank, nice tank best of luck with it

frank2005

i cant wait to get this whole thing started....ive waiting 6 months for this tank to be done....this is probably the longest i have ever waiting for ANYTHING

lion_crazz

i cant wait to get this whole thing started....ive waiting 6 months for this tank to be done....this is probably the longest i have ever waiting for ANYTHING
Well, this is a hobby that requires A TON of patience.
Very beautiful set-up!! Good luck with everything and keep us posted as to your progression.

frank2005

current stock list for my 150 is
3 clown fish
3 silver chromis
1 sail fin tang
1 yellow tang
1 coral beauty
2 yellow watchman gobys
1 firefish
and xenias GALORE

danprospec

WOW! that's the only word to come to mind. Are you running R/O system? How many pumps are you planning and how much WF? Sorry I know too many poeple asking too many questions.
I am in awe, my mind racing to the endless possibilities here of fish types, corals, clams, clean up crew- &*#! it's just sooooo much to think about.
Corals- you can go all the way with LPS, SPS, Zoos shrooms, gargonians- be sure to set up lots of caves for your fishes with your LR
I would only reccomend on the fish side no matter what you got going, just a few at a time PLEASE and quarantine, quarantine, q......
If it were me I would still stay towards peaceful to semi agressive tank mates- this way you can set up communities fo fishes, still be able to add the starfish and the extensive clean up crew you are going to need.
As for fishes that you are thinking about- mandarins and tangs are great- there are soo many cool tangs out there: Yellows, Purples, Blues, Sailfin, Blue Carribeans, Bristletooth Tomini etc that you could add. With tangs even though I hear they have problems with each other, I have a Purple, Powder Blue and Yellow living happily together key they need plenty of room and enough algea for all.
Other ideas on fish for reef:
Flame Angel- again plenty of algea and they leave the reef alone
Swallow tail Angels- can be kept in schools and only get about 6 to 7"
Chromis- great schoolers live long happy lives and are very hardy (Limbough Chromis and Blue/Purple or Green)
Orange Spotted Blenny- really helps to keep the sand bed ariated ( I guess that is the best word since they move around so much sand/rubble) and are really personable
Blacklines Blenny are really cool too
Wrasse either the Flamineted Flashers or Leopards ( Blk Spotted) both can be kept 1 Male with mult females- lots of movement lots of color and flash. A mated pair of Lyretail woul dbe really cool, but would literally have to be the last fish added becasue they are really aggressive.
There are so many cool fish out there, but so few of them that are REALLY Reef Safe- but differnt people have differnt luck to.
So best of luck, sorry to be so worried- keep us all posted on your progress ***)

mikeyjer

Just thought id share with you a few pics of my 470 gallon tank and my 125 gallon sump/refugium....ordered this about 6 months ago and it finally came today so heres a few pics and ill share more when things start changing...comments are welcome....
That is one HUGE tank!!! I love to have one like that one day.....

Your 150 looks great too, I would love to see once the big tank gets setup.... :happyfish

frank2005

thanks everyone for the compliments....ill try to take some more pics as i get everything underneath set up like the skimmers and calcium reactors ect...i love tangs so hopefully ill be able to get a couple...and as for a cleaning crew im scared of how many things im going to need HAHA

agent707

1) What an Amazing Tank!!! I'm sure it will be stunning when all said and done. :jumping:
2) Oh my... the maintenance...

Which brings me to this. It is my opinion that something of that magnitude should have everything it needs to support it pretty much built into the house, or the base it sits on.
Do you have house plumbing running in behind that thing? Water + drainage?
What I'm getting at, is setting up a water purifer "somewhere else in the house" and having to trasport the water to your tank everytime you do water changes will be a pain. And draining is also a pain... with that much water.
About 20 years ago, I had a friend who ran an aquarium store. I helped him stock a 600 gallon tank (not including sump). The guy that had the tank had EVERYTHING built into the house. Plumbing, drains, water purification setup... the whole nine yards. It was all inside a room with the built in aqaurium.
Basically, when he did water changes, he just had to flip a few switches and let the pumps work. Of course, he had to prepare new water... but it was all "right there".
I've already told the wife, when we build our next house, it will have an aquarium built into it... with all the hardware. As it is now, I have no place in this house to do anything like that.
Good lucK! :cheer:

mystic7

There are people starving in China who would DIE for a 125 and you're using one for a sump. Can't wait to see this thing stocked. It's even beautiful empty!

milomlo

Yeah let me say I am just TRYING to get a tank the size of your sump. Your tank is awesome!! You keep us posted

bill f

Construction?.........Frank, are you a "friend" of ours?
I'm in Haddonfield, I'll be stopping by this weekend. Best of luck with the tank! But I want to see the next one!
Keep the photo's coming so we can follow the progress.
Where are you shopping? Curious if you have a place I haven't heard of.