Pics of my new 125! YAY!!!!

ophiura

Originally Posted by Eaglephot
it is live sand.

The star feeds on beneficial creatures in the sand bed. If you are hoping for a functional deep sand bed, I would remove the star. It may survive, but most do not. I would not add another in order to give the one the best chance of survival. But most do die in 12-18months in captivity, of starvation.

eaglephot

Here are some updated pictures of the 135. Its a 135 not a 125. I got this Unicorn beauty for $65 bucks! I love it. Its eating out of my hand. He is my favorite fish in the tank. The pics aren't the best. Sorry about the reflection in some of them. We have a sunroom behind the room the fish are in and I can't close up all the windows.

azfishgal

WOW! You are an inspiration. I can only hope my 125 looks half as good as your tank. Forgive me if you have this posted already, but what lights are you using?

eaglephot

Originally Posted by Seattle
What is that long,birght yellow coral in the center of the tank? oh,and beautiful tank!

Its a yellow tree sponge. It had 4 branches but my small blue tang started to eat it! I couldn't believe it. I know they sometimes do, but never thought it would. But it seems to be tired of it so maybe the branches will grow back.

eaglephot

Originally Posted by azfishgal

WOW! You are an inspiration. I can only hope my 125 looks half as good as your tank. Forgive me if you have this posted already, but what lights are you using?
Anyone can have a nice tank. Its all about balance and what you put into it. I am using 72 inch CF fixture with four 96 watt bulbs(or 95 watt I can't remember). I have a little less than I would want but its all I need for what I am keeping and going to keep in the tank. I am going to purchase a 6 bulb fixture soon just to get a few more watts in.

eaglephot

Originally Posted by cyclops
WOW your tank really looks good so it is a 135 just like mine. So what is your stock list of corals?
Yeah, it is. I am happy it is a little bigger than a 125. :)
OK... lets see.
Unicorn Tang
Vlamingi Tang
Naso Tang
Yellow Tang
2 Hippo Tangs
Scooter Blenny
Algae Blenny (Satan in the skale)
Royal Gramma
Black Sebae Clown Pair
Three Striped Damsel (I don't mind them)
Sand sifting Star (still alive and doing well)
2 serpent stars
Blue and red leg hermits
Emerald crabs
Cleaner shrimp
2 bubble tip anemone (split from one)
Feather dusters
Purple Tunicates
150+ lb Live Rock
70 lbs Live Sand
CORAL
2 Purple gorgonians
Brown branch gorgonian
Another Gorgonian with bright yellow/orange polyps
Closed brain
Open Brain
Pagota
Spagetti leathers
Finger leathers (I love leather coral!)
Clove polyps
Yellow polyps
Green star polys
Green mushrooms
Red Mushrooms
2 Frogspawns
Toadstool
Yellow tree sponge
I think thats it. I am done with adding fish. I may add a small wrasse but not sure. I am picking up some nice zoos in the next week or so. That's my tank.

kevin34

Awsome tank! Can a blonde naso be kept in a 125 with a purple tang? If not how about a powder brown and a purple?

eaglephot

Originally Posted by Kevin34
Awsome tank! Can a blonde naso be kept in a 125 with a purple tang? If not how about a powder brown and a purple?
A blonde would have to be no more than 8 inches. The brown and purple tangs are both pretty aggressive. I would do option A.

kevin34

A blonde would have to be no more than 8 inches. The brown and purple tangs are both pretty aggressive. I would do option A.
What if I add the purple and powder brown at the same time? I would rather do this option than have a blonde naso if it can outgrow my tank.

eaglephot

That should be fine. They are from different families of Tang so you shouldn't have much if any problem. I would personally get a purple Tang on the smaller scale. That is my opinion. Hope it helps! Send in a pic when you have those amazing tangs in your tank.

kevin34

That should be fine. They are from different families of Tang so you shouldn't have much if any problem. I would personally get a purple Tang on the smaller scale. That is my opinion. Hope it helps! Send in a pic when you have those amazing tangs in your tank.
That will take a long time.
Im still collecting all the equipment that I need.

ghettotang

Hey I have a question for you what kind of light are you using for your reef tank. I want to know because I'm looking for the light for oy 125 gallon tank to do reef tank. I'm planning on doing mix reef like soft coral, LSP, and couple simple sps. Any suggestion would appreciate
Thanx.
Jay

M

mlandrigan

Eagle: Great looking tank.
I too have the same size tank, although seem to constantly battle algae/cyano. Could you tell me what equipment you have? What type of salt do you use? I see you answered the lighting question about a billion times already! What is your maintainence schedule?
Matt