Pics of my new 533 gallon tank

kirkaz

Originally Posted by NigerBang
Fimby's are nasty as well....
Why not a tessie?
Awsome spec. Nice looking...Can be aggresive..I suppose about the same chances with any other..
HMM, I like the Tessie idea....just curious, has that Queen Trig been getting along ok with everyone? She has a bad reputation.

psusocr1

i disagree and say that the BRAZILIAN DRAGON is the best eel around... VERY impressive size as well.. mine was HUGE , gret personalitty and very attractive

vegas made

is that tank on the bottom a sump??? and is there fish in there ?? you can do that?
tank is awesome looking nice choice in fish also

did you get your sump design from a site or just from knowing about them or LFS or what??

crimzy

Originally Posted by psusocr1
i disagree and say that the BRAZILIAN DRAGON is the best eel around... VERY impressive size as well.. mine was HUGE , gret personalitty and very attractive

Oh man... here comes psusocr to make the rest of us look bad.
Sure your tank was awesome and everything. But I hear now that you are planning a tank full of hermit crabs and basslets. Just buy about 500 of those little minnows and your tank should be ok.

psusocr1

is that tank on the bottom a sump??? and is there fish in there ?? you can do that?tank is awesome looking nice choice in fish also
did you get your sump design from a site or just from knowing about them or LFS or what??
actually, TurningTim and i spoke on the phone for awhile throwing around some sump/refugium ideas and this is what we had come up with.. thats my 55 gallon refugium what ytou can see is my 45 gallon sump with all my equiptment in it, pumps etc.
i did house my huge engineer goby in there with a mandarin(to control the pod population) and some problematic damsels lots of crabs and snails etc. etc
do you think the triggers will be fine with the lion fish and tangs??? have they fought yet or anything like that???
id ont think your reffering to my tank but if you are i dont have triggers. IMO i wouldnt put triggers with anything, but thats just me.. I couldn t have triggers especially because of my lions, shark, rays etc etc.
Oh man... here comes psusocr to make the rest of us look bad. Sure your tank was awesome and everything. But I hear now that you are planning a tank full of hermit crabs and basslets. Just buy about 500 of those little minnows and your tank should be ok.
HAHAHAHA
i know your upset and all but in due time i will have another aggressive tank , and i will also only house tangs in my new tank due to the size, maybe another russels lion.. it wont be your typical large reef tank for sure..

fastazzr1

Originally Posted by kirkaz
Queen Trigger and Emperor....FANTASTIC!!!!
You just need that Titan Trigger now...HA!
I would vote for the Banana Moray, and a Fimby for your eels...what the hell, it's not my money.
im working on that titan right now.

fastazzr1

Originally Posted by kirkaz
HMM, I like the Tessie idea....just curious, has that Queen Trig been getting along ok with everyone? She has a bad reputation.
havent had any problems with the queen getting along with everyone. everyone is doing good.

fastazzr1

Originally Posted by vegas made
is that tank on the bottom a sump??? and is there fish in there ?? you can do that?
tank is awesome looking nice choice in fish also

yea, the tank on the bottom is my sump. its a 135 gallons. it use to be my main tank before i got this one. i got all the info for turning it into a sump from this website. and yes, there is a fish in there.

fastazzr1

Originally Posted by vegas made
do you think the triggers will be fine with the lion fish and tangs??? have they fought yet or anything like that???
i have never had any problems with puting triggers with lion fish or tangs. but everyone tells me im lucky. i guess

bamaeskie

Originally Posted by fastazzr1
yea, the tank on the bottom is my sump. its a 135 gallons. it use to be my main tank before i got this one. i got all the info for turning it into a sump from this website. and yes, there is a fish in there.
WOW!!!! This sump tank is about twice as big as my future tank!!! AMAZING!!!

dallas612

i noticed that your skimmer is almost completely under water in your sump, i was told to raise my skimmer up so that it is sitting in 9 inches of water instead of 15 but it looks like yours is sitting in 15 inches of water. is your skimmer working properly? i was thinking of trying my skimmer on the bottom of my sump until the forum guys guided me to raise it so i never got to see if it would have worked.

fastazzr1

Originally Posted by dallas612
i noticed that your skimmer is almost completely under water in your sump, i was told to raise my skimmer up so that it is sitting in 9 inches of water instead of 15 but it looks like yours is sitting in 15 inches of water. is your skimmer working properly? i was thinking of trying my skimmer on the bottom of my sump until the forum guys guided me to raise it so i never got to see if it would have worked.
my skimmer works just fine....i've never heard of it being submerged to deep into the water.

fastazzr1

Originally Posted by bcott
updates????
been busy remodeling the house. havent had time to finish the tank. will be able to finish after the new year. will have lots of updates then. sorry.