Pics of my new 533 gallon tank

nigerbang

Originally Posted by fastazzr1
why not a green wolf. imo they look better than the green moray.
I am a moron...if you saw this before I edited it...Ooops....I should pay more attention..

Green Morays are super aggresive, and will more than likely eat everything as soon as it can...and get rather large..

mike22cha

The green moray is out of the question. They require huge ponds or a public aquarium set up. I'm just giving my opinion on what'd I do. If you go with the green wolf, then go ahead.

nigerbang

ohh, i see.
Yeah......I am a moron...Its cool though..
Check out a Mexican Dragon Eel...AKA Jewled Moray..

nigerbang

and why isnt a green wolf eel an eel?
The True Eels, Order Anguilliformes, lack pelvic fins and related skeletal material. Some are also without pectoral finnage and suspensory girdle. Many are scale-less, those with them are cycloid, small, embedded. These "snake-like" fishes (many head-lengths into body length) typically have small gill openings, and their gills lack the rakers of advanced bony fishes. The group is missing a number of head bones, pyloric caeca, and have a peculiar leptocephalus larval stage in common. According to Nelson (3d ed.) there are some three suborders, fifteen families, 141 genera and 738 described species of true eels.
This fish from the Indo-West Pacific is neither an eel nor a blenny (and most certainly not a wolf). Other common names include the carpet eel blenny or just plain ol' eel blenny. As described in detail in Fish Tales 2004-4, this fish is a member of the Pseudochromidae (Dottyback) family. Attaining a full-grown length of 45cm makes it one of the largest in that family; Pseudoplesiops typus is the largest, reaching 46cm. One useful attribute of this fish is that it is sexually dichromatic; meaning the males (figure 1) are green, while the females (figure 2) are a more drab gray/brown with a pinkish hue that seems to vary in intensity. Additional species descriptions can be found here and here.

hammerhed7

the grren wolf is actually in the blenny family, I have one in my 220 and I really like it, they are much more active, they swim out in the open, and from hiding place to hiding place. I have had no aggression issues with the green wolf, lots of personality as well, as soon as he realizes who feeds him he will follow you as you walk by the tank.

nigerbang

so its an aggressive blenny?
I wouldnt think so....The other poster said he has had no agression issues with them....I would have not even brought up the "not a true eel" thing...Just a pet peeve..Sorry...They look to be awsome..As soon as the Tenn. Aq. can take my Green Moray I might look into getting one..

nigerbang

but will they survive in an aggressive tank with triggers.
hmmm Couldnt say myself...Well I could but it would be a guess..Maybe AW will chime in...He should know, If anyone does..

kirkaz

Queen Trigger and Emperor....FANTASTIC!!!!
You just need that Titan Trigger now...HA!
I would vote for the Banana Moray, and a Fimby for your eels...what the hell, it's not my money.

nigerbang

Originally Posted by kirkaz
Queen Trigger and Emperor....FANTASTIC!!!!
You just need that Titan Trigger now...HA!
I would vote for the Banana Moray, and a Fimby for your eels.
Fimby's are nasty as well....
Why not a tessie?
Awsome spec. Nice looking...Can be aggresive..I suppose about the same chances with any other..