Picture Contest for newbies

hot883

Originally Posted by 04mach
Cool contest.
Thanks 04, we have not had one recently. It's a great way to meet the new comers and also give photo tips and exchange ideas. It will just be hard to choose a winner.

jerthunter

Well I am just over the years mark so I suppose I can't compete but just in case any exceptions can be made here is my picture of a climbing hermit crab.

quil

Originally Posted by hot883
Very nice Quil. Female right? (the lion not you)

Yes it is. I actually just found and bought a male fuzzy today...hoping they get along OK. He is more of the chocolate brown color though.

hot883

Originally Posted by Quil
Yes it is. I actually just found and bought a male fuzzy today...hoping they get along OK. He is more of the chocolate brown color though.
Thats cool. I would not mind doing the same thing. Any pics. of the male? In QT? Or straight into the main tank? My female is my baby. She eats out of my hand. Ha!

joncat24

I would have got back to ya sooner *883* , I was out eating dinner. thanks for considering me as a judge though ,nice thought...

hot883

BoCfuss, great shot. Shows much detail, depth, color, variety. Man this is going to be hard. Ha!

hot883

Originally Posted by joncat24
I would have got back to ya sooner *883* , I was out eating dinner. thanks for considering me as a judge though ,nice thought...

No worries. I plan on doing this again, different rules, guidelines etc. Mix it up. Barry

krazekajin

Originally Posted by saltn00b
:happyfish
great shot
***)
Thanks. This is by far my favorite fish. It is one of my first. I can get it to eat out of my hand. Mainly I feed with a turkey baster. But she is so cool.

saltn00b

kraze - from this you can tell why i am biased:

BTW DONT JUDGE THeSE PICS I DONT COUNT IN THE CONTEST !
:)

ginarox

Originally Posted by RCBruce
Well everyone got compliments on their pics but me, no one like my coral beauty but me, guess I'm out.

rcbruce,,,,i am sorry there was no compliments,,i like your fish its absolutely gorgeous.. :jumping: joncat24 told everyone nice pic,,and to keep them coming...so i will take that as my compliment ,,,have a great day.... :jumping:

T

tizzo

Alrighty then, I can't post but just to get our "bugs" out you should have an "longer than a year members contest". No prize, just for fun.
I like the contests. I like seeing everybody's shots. The ones in this thread are awesome! :jumping:

jon321

Originally Posted by Quil
Jon321, how old is your lion?
Sorry, forgot to say something about it. Its a Radiata lionfish. Ive had it for about 6 months now. It was 3/4" when I bought it and I had to feed it live newborn guppies. Its now about 1.5" and eats anything it can see. Cutest little guy ever, the instant someone walks into the room he swims up to the top front glass "begging" for food and watching you (as pictured). At the moment it resides alone in a 20g tank.
Jon

hot883

Originally Posted by Tizzo
Alrighty then, I can't post but just to get our "bugs" out you should have an "longer than a year members contest". No prize, just for fun.
I like the contests. I like seeing everybody's shots. The ones in this thread are awesome! :jumping:
Thanks Tizzo, we needed a pic. contest for the new guys, (I thought) and also a good way to get the new joins interacting and maybe get some posting pic. tips etc. This is getting very good responses. I agree that we need to get another "old timers" pic. contest.

rubberduck

hey im up for the year contest, i think that would be cool. I would be willing to be a judge if that works out. I enjoy my tank but it is still in the works. SO hey start the thread and save a judge spot for me.

travis
wow and 2 years on this board has gone fast.

cagrn

Originally Posted by cantbstopd
heres my bubble coral.....
That would make a great poster/large pic on a wall. My favorite so far.