Picture Diary

bronco300

i have no clue where she'd be....i havent found any "remains"...so as fasr as i know she hasnt been eaten, but then again they could have done away with her real quick and puller her in a rock...pretty well sucks though....I may be able to make it down this weekend, i should be around, you care if the lady joins me?

jerthunter

I really like all your zoos, amazing..... As far as the hydroids I had a small problem with them in my tank and I used joe's juice, I just used the syringe and coated the areas with the hydroids with the juice and they haven't come back yet. You probably would have to be more careful then I was since I didn't have anything I really cared about close to the hydroids.

bronco300

thanks jerth...maybe i'll get a bottle and try some, boiling water didnt work.
i think its time to get an upgraded camera, i'm finding it harder to take crisp clear shots in the 75 then it was in the 40 or 20

bronco300

dont think ive added these, found these photos of my swimming anemones in case anyone searches for em, just thought i'd add vids.

fishgeek01

Those are the strangest things i have ever seen. I knew there were such things but never thought i would see one in a tank in the hobby. Did you know that jelly fish start out as a sesile invert similar to a hydroid then after they grow a little they metemorphasise (sp) into jellies. This weekend will be fine, and no problem bringing your lady, I know how that goes, Mine insisted on coming with me when we came to your place.

bronco300

here is an old vid of my xenia...and a video of when i had a powder brown tang, he was beauitful and LOVED swimming between the rockwork i had.

bronco300

thats crazy...and yea, these little swimming anemones are pretty cool, besides stinging etc...but we have a few here at the store and dont really seem to do much harm to anything.

bronco300

i fed my corals last night and i apparently have a tank full of those micro starfish, these things are so awesome...all of a sudden tons of ting little legs flying around...i put this one on the wall to try and get a picture, but couldnt..oh well, next time

fishgeek01

Are they really anemones? Or are they some sort of mobile hydroid. They are very interesting. This weekend should be good for you to come down if you want, just give me a call, i think i gave you my number... if not just email me i will give it to you again, or if you need directions again or anything.

bronco300

well they're called swimming anemones...all i've found them called at least
i'm heading out tonight for MI and coming back tomorrow, i work friday some so i'll probably give ya an email if you're around ad try to plan a time.

fishgeek01

bronco just call if you plan on coming down tomorrow, no problems about it, i dont have anything to do just let me knwo

a&a2

how many hours of light per day do they get? I have a problem w/red algae on my rocks & have cut my light down to 5 hrs per day?

jayc

Originally Posted by A&A2
how many hours of light per day do they get? I have a problem w/red algae on my rocks & have cut my light down to 5 hrs per day?
Sounds like cynobacteria. It is caused mainly by not enough flow around the area its at.
hth-Josh

bronco300

clean what you can then get some mroe water movement, water changes...make sure your water meters are good....and if nothing else chemi-clean

bronco300

its by boyd, i used it on my tank a long time ago, next day my algae was gone...but i would use it as a last resort because something else is off, so you want to make sure its fixed...or if you use it, then make sure you're watchin everything closely so it doesnt happen again

fishgeek01

hey bronco, if and when you come to my house to see the tank do you think you could take some pics for me and email them to me, i dont have a digi that i can use, and i would love to have some shots of my tank. I really like the close ups you do. I also would like some full tank shots to put on here. let me know... fishgeek01