Pictures of my fish tank

tasha799

ET(Porcupine puffer) and Alice fish. ET is really friendly :D When I scratch glass of my fish tank with my finger..he comes and shows his belly...like he wants me to scratch it :D

tasha799

Thank you..but I didn;t do Aquascaping..my boyfriend did it all :D
well..I go to several LFS
1. Fish Town (sometimes they have good fish...but mostly I go there for cleaning crew and food and salt)
2. Pet Barn(really friendly people...if you have any question..they would spend an hour answering it..with all the details :) plus they have really good anemonies and fish)
3. Tropical Showcase (if you go there do not buy any sea apples please...and do not listen to their advices...but they have good fish)

hairtrigger

Why? Because those corals and the other fish in there are going to make a great meal for ET one day. :cool: Porkys are definitely not reef safe. And although your fish are, I have had both of those eaten by a porky when first starting out and not knowing anything. Fortunately, this was years and years ago. :cool:

tasha799

my puffy tried to eat royal gamma when I first put him in a tank ..he doesn't do that anymore =) he just likes playing with fishies =)..and I never saw him eating corals or anemonies

hairtrigger

No no, people often mistake that kind of fish behavior as "playing" Yah. Well, trust me, it's not. Fish don't play with anything but their own kind. He is stressing out your fishies and may cause an ich outbreak. Be careful. And wait.. trust me... he is going to grow so unbelievably fast if he eats as well as you say. I guarantee... one day... when he can catch and fit them in his mouth... bye bye fishies. Hello fattie fat ET. :cool:

hairtrigger

Oh they are the most friendly, personable fish in the world... towards people. I used to hand feed mine that was near two feet long. When I had to fresh water dip him a couple times, he used to let me pick him up out of the tank by hand. When hungry, he used to spit water at me from the tank. But when he grew up, you wouldnt believe the size and types of live fish he would devour. Amazing. Not only did he eat a chocolate chip starfish, he chewed up shrooms and polyps that came on a piece of LR I got. Ate the coraline off all my LR too. :cool:

tasha799

wow! Thats amazing...but I ..can;t get rid of him...because he is my fav. fish...he is cutest fish......when he going to start eating other fish...I might give him to somebody with agressive setup

hairtrigger

They are among my favorites as well. Yours is small enough you could set up a smaller tank elsewhere to keep him. Or like you said, trade him. I want to setup another aggressive tank in addition to my reef. I do miss aggressives. They are fun. But so are reefs. :cool:

fulcrum

Tasha-
Have you added the clown, gamma, flame angel and puffer all since the sea apple incident a week ago?
The porky puffer is a bad reef choice, and the flame angel is on the border. Be careful with your choices, and slow down a bit.

tasha799

I got a puffer as a gift....and I can;t get rid of him..well I would have to do it when its going to grow..but for now he is small and cute

buzz

Tank looks very nice. Question though - do you have some sort of an airstone in there? It looks you have something like that in the back. If so, you don't have a problem with salt spray?