Pictures of my fish tank

tasha799

no, i don't think so but i'm not sure. what is salt spray? but that's a damn good eye i do have an airstone.

fulcrum

Tasha-
You said in your other thread entitled "puffer question" that you bought the puffer a week ago. Gift or not, you could still return him.
Only a week ago everyone (including myself) was embroiled in your thread about the sea apple that killed ALL the fish in your tank.
I'm concerned that last week all the fish in your tank died, and you have immediately restocked with a bunch of fish, two of which are poor choices for reefs.
I dont want to flame you. I just want to clarify the situation.

dfishh

if i were u, id lose the airstone, they spray saltwater evrywhere then wen the water dries and evaporates it leaves salt creep deposits. u dont want that.
DAVE

tasha799

fulcrum,
when i started i asked and the flame was recommended to me. The LFS had a flame in there reefs, and other sites said u can do it with caution, so i did all my research on the fish and decided to go with it. So to me it's not a poor choice as u would say. As for ET, he may be a bad choice, but in my culture it's a slap in the face to get rid of someones present. So i won't. If he eats stuff shrooms and polps so be it. So pleased don't be concerned. Also my tank is being monitored twice daily for increases in amonia/trates/trites/ph/calcium/iodine. The tank had more fish than i have now i didn't have to recycle so everything should be fine. I don't plan on adding more fish until i put in another achilles and sea apple.

tasha799

melody,
thanks for ur reply, as peryour idea i'm well on my way to having a new home for him as per the deleted thread that fulcrum was quoting from my 189gal is in the works and it'll probably be an agressive tank as stated earlier in this thread.

buzz

Tasha - what do you mean an undersand system? You mean you have an undergravel filter in there?
As was mentioned, the bubbles from an airstone will throw saltwater all over everything. When the water dries, it will leave the salt residue, which over time, will be a mess.
For SW tanks, all you need is some surface agitation. Angle a powerhead toward the surface to accomplish this. IMO, I would remove the airstone and do the powerhead approach.

fulcrum

I'm trying to help you, and prevent you from spending a lot of money replacing fish that will die.
I will admit that the Flame Angel is a marginal call in a reef tank. And I see where it was reccomended to you. But I see many more posts that disucss the 50/50 probability that they will be a problem with corals.
I've gone back and read your posts since you started on this board. Here's a timeline:
4-11 Your puffer died. There is a Flame Angel in the tank, and you levels indicated you were still cycling. There should be nothing living in the tank, except Damsels which aren't realy necessary.
4-21 Your tank was 71 degrees and you did not know what temperature it should be. You were told to SLOWLY raise the temperature (1 degree a day)
4-21 You referenced a Mandarin Goby in your tank. This fish is an "expert only" species, and your tank was only 71 degrees on this day.
4-22 You bought and kept and Achiles Tang for a 55 gallon tank, and kept him against all reccomendations of this board. Your tank should have been only 72 degrees this day.
4-26 You bought a Sea Apple and Clownfish.
4-27 The Sea Apple releases toxins and kills all your fish, (clown, achilles, flame angel, and I'm not sure if you had returned the few damsels you reported in an earlier post or the mandarin)
4-28 The Sea Apple dies. You were given the advice that you should do a water exchange and run carbon in your filter. You said you would do 20% changes each day. This process should take 5 days.
5-2 You asked a question about the Maroon Clown in your tank (indicating that you had already added fish to the tank)
5-6 You mention a Porky Puffer you added a week before (which would place it immediately after all your other fish were killed). Your profile also reads that you have another Flame Angel. You also posted that you have a Custom Sealife Smartlight, which does not provide sufficient light for the corals in you tank (which you thought were anemonies in the first place). And now you state that you intend to add another Achilles Tang and a Sea Apple
By my count, you have killed at least 5 animals in the past month. You have ignored recomendations of people trying to give you good advice. You are buying fish without researching their needs or behaviors. You do not understand the temperature and lighting parameters of a saltwater aqaurium.
Forget that the Puffer was a gift (even though you stated in your post that you bought it), its a slap in the face to kill the corals by putting a puffer in a reef tank.
I am asking you to slow down, buy some books on marine aquariums and make better choices about your tank inhabitants.

dfishh

as long as the bubles hit the surface, they will pop and wen they do the water the created teh buble will go flying. i would get a powerhed like buzz sed, then wen its in the tank try to get the flow to hit the surface so that the surface water is moving. u do not want the surface to be completly still
DAVE

melissa v.

GIVE IT UP GUYS THIS IS A NO WIN SITUATION, SHE WILL NOT LISTEN TO ANY ADVICE GIVEN TO HER. SHE HAS PROVEN THAT IN THE PAST, I HAVE THE FIRM BELIEF THAT YOU GIVE A PERSON 3 CHANCES THEN THAT IS IT, I HAVE GIVEN HER MY 3 CHANCES. MY CONDOLENCES ONCE AGAIN TO YOUR FISH!!!!!!!!!!!:(
YOU CAN'T HELP SOMEONE WHO ISN'T WILLING TO LISTEN:mad:
MELISSA V.

fishkiller

Tasha- Maybe I should retire my name to you. It fits you a little better now. You wanna know why? BECAUSE I LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES AND FROM WHAT THESE PEOPLE TELL ME!!! NOW LISTEN TO THEM!! Now I don't kill so many fish. Yes there are a few people on here who don't know what the heck they are talking about and still give bad advice. But most half brained idiots can figure out who knows what they are talking about and who does not. So CMON!! Don't get upset with us. Just hold up your end of the bargain w/ these awsome creatures. God didn't put them here for you to look at for 3 days and say OH THAT'S SOOO PRETTY AND HE'S SO CUTE!! HE HE HE!! -and them have them die a few days later because you are uneducated and stubborn- as far as this board is concerned.;)

fulcrum

The thread wasn't deleted. She mentioned "giving the fish to someone with an agressive tank." There was no mention of a 189 gal tank until her recent reply. True to form, Tasha is changing her story three entries past where her mistakes are pointed out.
I seriously doubt that her current tank is even cycled, much less that she is actually building another tank. I sincerely hope that she learns to stabilize the tank she has before moving on.
I'm with you Melissa V., my work here is done.

discusking

oh man, talk about trouble huh. I personally like all the fish u have, but u really should slow it down a bit. The puffer is cute, but honestly u should get rid of it. Just do some research and try to slow it down. Sea apples and the tang is prob not a good choice for u
Good luck (u'll need it if u want to pull this tank off)

tigerlover

Ok, time for the famous hard headed 13 year old to have a say;) :D
Here's what she says, ARE YOU GUYS NUTS?! She may have been wrong, yes, just as we all have been wrong before, but I know that when someone tries to tell you something against you even if they say, "I'm not trying to flame you off or anything" it still kinda raises the blood pressure;) I mean that, my tank was started quite a while ago, I didn't have this board at the very beginning, and when I did find it, people thought I should already know everything about the fish I had. Well, then its hard not to change the story, I mean you guys put so much pressure on everybody, "tell us this" and "find out that and tell us" well, what if your just a hobbiest, not a marine biologist, what if you didn't know about all these books.
I'm not agreeing with tasha, im just stating what the hard head that sits on my shoulders tells me to say
BTW, listen to the people on the board, don't listen to the "board" otherwise you'll end up no better off than talking to a LFS:rolleyes: :D ;)

jackief1

I just feel sorry for the fish.....
:(
BTW, why are you planning to buy another sea apple when you said one wiped out your tank a week or so ago?